LPGA Hits the Highways Ahead of LPGA Tour Championship
LPGA Road Trip Driven by Monaco RV / Alliance Coach “Kicks Off” This Weekend
Activities culminate with Feed the Hungry visit ahead of Thanksgiving
Daytona Beach, Fla., November 12, 2010 – Before the LPGA Tour season comes to a riveting conclusion December 2-5 with the LPGA Tour Championship at the Grand Cypress Golf Club in Orlando, a host of LPGA players, executives, partners and friends will travel in a Monaco RV to visit with fans and spread the word about the Tour’s exciting season and its Florida finale.
The LPGA Road Trip Driven by Monaco RV / Alliance Coach “kicks off” this weekend with a couple of football games: A visit to Gainesville on Saturday, November 13 for a University of Florida SEC football showdown by former Gators golfer Sandra Gal, followed the next day by a trip to Tampa for an NFL Buccaneers game with LPGA player Karen Stupples, a rabid Bucs fan. The Monaco RV Diplomat will weave around Florida over the next week and a half, wrapping up the Road Trip just prior to Thanksgiving on November 23 with a “Feed the Hungry” visit to Caring Hands Ministry in Wildwood, Florida, home of Alliance Coach, where participants in the Road Trip will prepare special pre-Thanksgiving meals.
“We’re thrilled to partner once again with the LPGA and its players, who not only know how to entertain and engage their fans, but also open their hearts to the communities where they visit,” said Ryan Lee, Monaco RV Director of Marketing. “As Presenting Sponsor of the Navistar LPGA Classic, we’ve enjoyed great success with the Tour and love the idea of partnering for a fun, interactive road trip.” Added LPGA Tour Commissioner Mike Whan: “Monaco RV’s a great success story—a former small, specialty RV manufacturer that has grown into a thriving company producing annual revenue exceeding $1 billion—so we’re proud to work with them both at our annual Navistar tournament as well as the countdown to the LPGA Tour Championship.”
The LPGA Road Trip Driven by Monaco RV / Alliance Coach also will be supported by LPGA and LPGA Tour Championship partners including Pepsi, Blue Diamond Almonds, Choice Hotels and Florida's Natural® Brand.
Besides the aforementioned football events with Sandra Gal and Karen Stupples, the Road Trip also will feature a number of other activities and appearances including:
- Paula Creamer gets her first up-close view of the new Amway Center during an Orlando Magic game
- Suzann Pettersen visits Grand Cypress Golf Club for a special media day
- A visit to the World Golf of Fame & Museum in historic St. Augustine (www.WorldGolfHallofFame.org)
- Yani Tseng talks about the Race for the Rolex Rankings No. 1 and Rolex Player of the Year during a visit to the Lake Nona area where she lives
- Sherri Steinhauer defends her title at the Legends Tour Open Championship at Innisbrook Golf Resort in Palm Harbor Nov. 20-21
- Scheduled appearances by Florida-based LPGA players Na Yeon Choi, Song-Hee Kim, Christina Kim, Amy Yang, Meredith Duncan, Mindy Kim and more.
Media and fans both are welcome to participate in the Road Trip, either in person or via the websites of the LPGA, Monaco RV and Alliance Coach, along with their affiliated Facebook pages, YouTube.com channels and Twitter feeds.