LPGA.com caught up with Cristie Kerr to reflect on 2010, talk about her off season, and find out how she has prepared for 2011.
1. How would you sum up 2010?
I thought 2010 was a great year for me. I accomplished some amazing things, had multiple wins (including a major) and came very close to achieving Rolex Player of the Year honors.
2. What led to your success?
I have just been working really hard on both my mental game and golf game for a while. I feel like I keep getting better every year.
3. Did the Race for Rolex Rankings No. 1 and Rolex Player of the Year motivate you? Or did you just focus on your game?
I definitely always try to focus on my own game most of all, but the Rolex Player of the Year race and the race to be No. 1 motivated me more.
4. Heading into the off season, what did you want to work on with your game?
I really wanted to get back in shape...and keep working on all aspects to my game.
5. Did you take a break from golf and if so when did you pick up your clubs again?
I took about five weeks off and started back to golf mid January.
6. How do you go about preparing for a new season?
I hit the gym every day and also practice a lot the month before the season starts.
7. What are your goals for 2011?
I'd love to win another major and have a multiple win season again. It would also be great to achieve Rolex Player of the Year honors.
8. What are you looking forward to most this season?
Starting again!!!! It's exciting to start playing tournaments again when you've been off for a while.
9. How do you improve on such a stellar 2010?
Work harder! Maybe I'll have a little more luck. :)
10. What is the strength of your game heading into the new season? And what will you have to work on a bit more?
You always have to work harder... on every part of the game, the physical and mental side.
11. How important is it for you to be the leading American on Tour?
It's definitely always been one of my top priorities.
12. What did you do during your down time this off season?
I worked out a lot! I also relaxed and got away from golf.
13. How has the release of your wine gone? Any plans to release another one?
Anyone interested in my wine should visit www.curvaturewines.com. All the information is on there!
14. What are your plans for Birdies For Breast Cancer this year? How will that help the Cristie Kerr Women's Health Center?
We plan on having our annual event in August 2011 at Liberty National Golf Club as well as donating all money raised throughout the year to the Cristie Kerr Women's Health Center. Hopefully we can raise $500,000 for it this year!