Each week throughout 2012, we will spotlight one LPGA player and provide an in depth look into her life - both on and off the course. Keep coming back each day to learn more about I.K. Kim.
READ THE MEDIA BUZZ...
I.K. Kim is More Than a Missed Putt
Ask the majority of golf fans what they know about I.K. Kim and undoubtedly the answer will have something to do with “the putt.”
The one-foot putt that Kim missed on the 72nd hole of the Kraft Nabisco Championship back in March prevented the South Korean native from winning her first major title. It also made her a cover star of many golf publications as the world immediately sympathized with the shock shown by the diminutive, 5-foot-3 golfer.
But for those around the LPGA Tour who know Kim well, that putt is far from what defines her -- both as a golfer and as a person.
There is a thoughtful and inquisitive side to Kim that’s not immediately noticed at first glance. Sit down for one conversation with the soft-spoken Kim and it’s her contagious smile and classy demeanor which leave a lasting impression. More>>
QUICK 18 WITH I.K. KIM
1. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you take with you?
The best tent on earth, a good book, and a coconut opener.
2. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and what would say to them?
Van Gogh... I've seen his work over the years and I just learned that he was very sad and lonely, but he started painting to help and make people happy. He only sold one painting while he was alive. His sadness was so deep. He shot himself and died. In 1990, one of his paintings was sold for over 82 million dollars. I don't know what to say to him. I just wanted to thank him for sharing his work with all of us.
3. If you could eliminate one thing from your daily schedule, what would it be and why?
I want to have auto trunk... oh well, it's part of my workout.
4. What movie do you watch again and again?
All the Anne Hathaway movies!
5. If you could have an unlimited storage of one thing, what would it be?
All my golf clothes.
6. If you could have a luncheon with any three people (real/fictitious/ from any time period, dead or alive), which three people would you choose and why?
Pierre Gagnaire - he will choose the restaurant! I trust him 200%. Paul McCartney - I will play a guitar for him. Adam Sandler - He's funny and knows how to hit 400 yards. More>>