Over the next few months LPGA.com will spotlight the 2014 rookie class. Find out what each thought about earning their LPGA Tour card to what their favorite club is in their bag. Today we catch up with Kristie Smith for a quick Q&A.
1. How do you feel about earning your 2014 LPGA Tour card?
Excited but disappointed to have limited status.
2. How did you spend your off-season?
As an Aussie, I don't have much of an off-season before the ALPG schedule started.
3. What is the strongest part of your game?
I believe all o my game is very strong.
4. What type of course fits your game best?
5. Who are you looking forward to meeting the most on Tour?
I've met a lot of the girls already but just looking forward to getting to know everyone a bit more.
6. If you could pick the dream pairing who would it be?
Tiger Woods, Laura Davies and Bill Murray.
7. What tournament are you looking forward to the most?
The ISPS Handa Women's Australian Open, as it is my home open and will be my opportunity to play well and get out on the LPGA Tour more.
8. Where is your favorite place to travel and why?
The USA, because everything is close and easy.
9. What is your favorite way to stay in shape?
Hit the gym and the beach with my trainer.
10. What is in your golf bag besides clubs?
Bananas, nuts, girly things and sunscreen.
11. What is your favorite club in your bag and why?
My putter, because that is what wins me tournaments.
12. What is your favorite part of your game to practice?
My putting and on course, I don't have a basic routine.