Over the next several months LPGA.com will spotlight the 2014 rookie class. Find out what each thought about earning their LPGA Tour card to what their favorite club is in their bag. Today we catch up with Jackie Stoelting for a quick Q&A.
1. How did you feel about earning your 2014 LPGA Tour card?
Excited a dream come true!
2. What is the strongest part of your game?
Hitting lots of fairways and greens.
3. What type of course fits your game best?
A tree lined ball strikers course with lots of dog-leg lefts. I can hit a good draw and I tend to focus more on tight courses.
4. Who are you looking forward to meeting most on Tour and why?
Sponsors and fans. I'm excited to be on the LPGA and I wouldn't have an opportunity without them.
5. If you could pick the dream pairing who would it be? And why?
My husband, Freddie Couples (love his swing and my dad was an RA in his college dorm), Karrie Webb (she wrote me a handwritten letter for a school project in 7th grade)
6. What tournament are you looking forward to the most?
My first one!
7. Where is your favorite place to travel and why?
Home, I travel enough that it is always a wonderful feeling going home to be with my husband.
8. What is your favorite way to stay in shape?
Walking while playing and eating healthy. Sometimes playing Nike Fitness Kinect.
9. What is in your golf bag besides clubs?
Sunscreen, Blingo ballmarks, different color makers, tees, yardage book cover, scorecard holder that has pictures all over it.
10. What is your favorite club in your bag and why?
9-iron. I always feel like I can hit it close with the 9 in my hand.
11. What is your favorite part of your game to practice?
Putting, I could practice drills for hours! I'm not a big ball beater. I'm a quality over quantity practicer.