Over the next several months LPGA.com will spotlight the 2014 rookie class. Find out what each thought about earning their LPGA Tour card to what their favorite club is in their bag. Today we catch up with Kim Kaufman for a quick Q&A.
1. How did you feel about earning your 2014 LPGA Tour card?
I feel like I have made great progress in my game since graduating college and I'm proud of myself for taking my game from Symetra to LPGA in one season.
2. What is the strongest part of your game?
Chipping - up and down percentage is usually quite high.
3. What type of course fits your game best?
Difficult courses where players are fighting for par. I don't like courses that are wide open birdie fests!
4. Who are you looking forward to meeting most on Tour and why?
Stacy Lewis - I love how she played four years of college golf and then went on to have such a great career so far. I really look up to her.
5. If you could pick the dream pairing who would it be? And why?
Paula Creamer, Suzann Pettersen and Michelle Wie - I think they have the best personalities on tour and are fan favorites. I want to learn to be like them!
6. What tournament are you looking forward to the most?
Anything I can get into!
7. Where is your favorite place to travel and why?
I love to go to the upper Northeast during the summer. I think it's the best weather during the summer, and I love the scenery.
8. What is your favorite way to stay in shape?
I love working with my trainer on flexibility/mobility exercises. I also really enjoy my pilates class.
9. What is in your golf bag besides clubs?
Putting star, putting string, Tim Point book, balls, tees, rain gloves, sunscreen.
10. What is your favorite club in your bag and why?
Ping K15 Driver.
11. What is your favorite part of your game to practice?
Putting. Warm-up: star/string exercises, short putts inside five feet, medium putting drills, long putting, 18 holes at even (two putts) or better.