Over the next several months LPGA.com will spotlight the 2014 rookie class. Find out what each thought about earning their LPGA Tour card to what their favorite club is in their bag. Today we catch up with Xi Yu Lin for a quick Q&A.
1. How did you feel about earning your 2014 LPGA Tour card?
I was so happy I made it.
2. What is the strongest part of your game?
3. What type of course fits your game best?
Courses with soft greens.
4. Who are you looking forward to meeting most on Tour and why?
Shanshan Feng, because she said she's waiting for more Chinese players on the LPGA.
5. If you could pick the dream pairing who would it be? And why?
Suzann Pettersen and Stacy Lewis.
6. What tournament are you looking forward to the most?
The one in China, because last year I played that tournament and did pretty well. I hope I can play the LPGA tournament in China as an LPGA member.
7. Where is your favorite place to travel and why?
I really want to go to Japan because the food is so good there.
8. What is your favorite way to stay in shape?
Running and eating healthy.
9. What is in your golf bag besides clubs?
Cute headcover, sunscreen and a first-aid bag.
10. What is your favorite club in your bag and why?
Putter - because it's the hardest part for me.
11. What is your favorite part of your game to practice?
I like practicing my putting the most. I usually do long game first, then putting, finally chipping and pitching.