"Marilyn and Bill each bring considerable management and marketing experience to the Council," Bivens said. "As we enhance our strategic initiatives in the areas of entertainment, exposure and economic empowerment, their input will be invaluable."
Susetka joined the LPGA staff as chief marketing officer in 2007, when he re-launched the brand. He led development of the current LPGA strategic plan and oversaw many successful brand, marketing and sales initiatives. Prior to the LPGA, Susetka rose through the executive ranks starting at Clairol, Inc., ultimately serving as president of the U.S. Retail Group. With Clairol, he led the international expansion of the Herbal Essences hair care line, which grew to become the largest brand franchise in Clairol history. Following the sale of Clairol to Procter & Gamble in 2001, Susetka joined Avon as president of Global Marketing where he led worldwide marketing, advertising and R&D and served on the company's executive committee.
Susetka retired from the LPGA earlier this month. His responsibilities have been split among existing executives.
"Bill not only re-launched the LPGA brand, he revitalized it," said Bivens. "He's been a true champion for the LPGA, and we're glad that he has agreed to continue to share his vision and insight."
Schule is a former vice president and partner at A.T. Kearney, a global management consulting firm. In her 14 years with the firm, she was involved in the growth of the business from a $300 million, 12-office company to a $1 billion-plus firm with 35 offices worldwide. She was the first woman elected into the 100-partner leadership of the then-70-year-old firm.
"Marilyn's a leader and a true pioneer," Bivens said. "She'll be a great fit for the Council as we address our pressing and long-term goals."
The role of the Commissioner's Advisory Council is to provide both expertise and guidance in all aspects of the LPGA's business, while also serving as a sounding board as the LPGA continues to grow and evolve. Members also offer expert counsel and insight in their respective areas and will assist Commissioner Bivens and her staff in optimizing opportunities for the LPGA's future growth and long-term success. The concept of a Commissioner's Advisory Council was initiated by former LPGA Commissioner Charles S. Mechem, Jr. during his tenure (1991-95). Members of the Commissioners Advisory Council are invited to serve two-year terms.
Members of the 2009-10 LPGA's Commissioner's Advisory Council
- Carolyn F. Bivens, LPGA Commissioner
- Rae F. Evans, chairwoman of Commissioner's Advisory Council and president of Evans Capitol Group
- Peggy Conlon, president and CEO of The Advertising Council, Inc.
- Peter Derby, former managing executive for Operations and Management, SEC
- Nancy Dorn, vice president government relations of General Electric
- Alice Dye, golf course architect for Pete Dye, Inc.
- Evern Cooper Epps, former president of The UPS Foundation
- Frank J. Fahrenkopf, Jr., president and CEO of the American Gaming Association
- Joie Gregor, former assistant to President George W. Bush for presidential personnel and former vice chairman at Heidrick & Struggles
- Bonnie Hill, president of B. Hill Enterprises, LLC
- Kathy Hubbard, co-founder Bridges of Understanding
- Kim Hume, former FOX News vice president and Washington Bureau Chief
- Bill Imada, chairman and CEO of IW Group, Inc.
- John Keyser, former senior executive of Johnson & Higgins
- Nancy Lopez Knight, LPGA Tour and World Golf Halls of Fame member and founder of Nancy Lopez Golf
- Herb Lotman, chairman of Keystone Foods
- Charles S. Mechem, Jr., LPGA commissioner emeritus
- Susan S. Morse, CFA and CFP of Mosaic Financial Partners
- Susan Neely, president of the American Beverage Association
- The Honorable Tom Ridge, president and CEO of Ridge Global
- Gary Smith, founder of The Sandringham Group
- Annika Sorenstam, LPGA Tour and World Golf Halls of Fame member, founder ANNIKA Academy at Ginn Reunion Resort
- Marilyn J. Schule, former senior executive at A.T. Kearney global management consulting firm
- Bill Susetka, former LPGA CMO and senior packaged goods executive
- Sheila Tate, vice chair of Powell Tate
- Mark Woodward, CEO of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America
- Carol Corcoran, LPGA chief administrative officer and Commissioner Advisory Council staff liaison
Topics: Press Release