New 2011 category to acknowledge a media friendly LPGA player
Submissions now open for all photography and writing categories
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida, April 19, 2011 - The LPGA announced today that submissions are now open for the second annual LPGA Global Media Awards Presented by Rolex, hosted by the Evian Masters. The Awards will acknowledge the best of the best in photo journalism and writing over a one-year period. Award winners will be recognized during a special event hosted at the Hotel Ermitage following second-round play at the Evian Masters on July 22, 2011.
Award entries will be judged in the following categories:
2. Player Profile
3. Golf Course Photograph from an LPGA Tour Event
4. Player Action Photograph
5. Player Personality/Emotion Photograph
6. Evian Masters Ambassador of the Year Photograph (Azahara Munoz)
7. Media Appreciation Award
8. Rolex Media Excellence Award
An independent panel of world-wide photography experts will be assembled to judge photography entries, while a panel of international members of the Golf Writers Association of America (GWAA) will review all written submissions.
All considered material for the second annual awards must have been published between May 24, 2010 and May 23, 2011 (the day following the 2011 Sybase Match Play Championship). All journalists and photographers who wish to submit entries, please use FTP site, 126.96.36.199 (Username/Password: lpga-media). For further information on submissions, please contact LPGA Communications Manager Kelly Thesier at (386) 274-6276 or email@example.com.
TAKE A LOOK BACK AT 2010
At last year's inaugural awards ceremony, Patricia Davies, a golfers&co magazine writer who has reported on golf for nearly 30 years for media outlets including The Times of London, The Guardian and Golf World (U.K.), was honored with the Rolex Media Excellence Award. The other 2010 winners:
• Golf Course Photograph / LPGA event: Stephen Dunn: Kia Classic Presented by J Golf
• Player Action Photograph: Stuart Franklin: Lorena Ochoa
• Player Personality / Emotion: Kevin C. Cox: Michelle Wie
• Evian Ambassador of the Year Photograph (I.K. Kim): Jin Jig Joung
• Player Profile: Ron Sirak, GolfWorld Magazine: Kathy Whitworth -
• Column/Blog: Randall Mell, GolfChannel.com: Meg Mallon -