IN THE WINNER’S CIRCLE with STACY LEWIS
Mizuno Classic November 4, 2012
Hometown/Current residence – The Woodlands, Texas/Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.
Birthdate – February 16, 1985– currently 27 years, 8 months, and 19 days
Qualified for LPGA Tour – Earned medalist honors at 2008 LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament
Turned Professional – June 2008
- 5th career LPGA victory…2011 Kraft Nabisco Championship, 2012 Mobile Bay LPGA Classic, ShopRite LPGA Classic, Navistar LPGA Classic, Mizuno Classic
- Earns 30 points toward the Rolex Player of the Year race, increasing total to 214 points… leads Inbee Park by 58 points… seeking to be the first American Rolex Player of the Year since Beth Daniel in 1994.
- With the $180,000 first-place check, she crosses the $4 million mark in career earnings to $4,033,088 and increases season earnings to $1,812,055 (2nd behind Inbee Park)
- Previous best finish at the Mizuno Classic was third in 2010
- Mizuno Classic Record: 2009 – T45; 2010 – 3; 2011 – T6
- Adds 40 points to her U.S. Solheim Cup race lead… now has 500 total.
- 15th top-10 finish in 22 events played in 2012… Previous top-10 finishes in 2012 besides her victories include a tie for 2nd at the ISPS Handa Women’s Australian Open (lost in playoff), a tie for 5th at the Honda LPGA Thailand 2012, a tie for 10th at the RR Donnelley LPGA Founders Cup, a tie for 4th at the Kraft Nabisco Championship, a tie for 5th at the Sybase Match Play Championship, a tie for 2nd at the Wegmans LPGA Championship, a tie for 5th at Manulife Financial LPGA Classic, tie for second at the Evian Masters Presented by Societe Generale, tie for sixth at CN Canadian Women’s Open, tie for ninth at Kingsmill Championship, tie for eighth at RICOH Women’s British Open