Portland, Oregon - The 2013 Safeway Classic still needs marshals for the August 29th-September 1st LPGA tournament at Columbia Edgewater Country Club in Portland, OR.
Marshalling at the Safeway Classic provides a rare opportunity to be inside the ropes with the best women golfers in the world. Additionally, volunteers are an essential part of the longest running professional golf tournament in the Pacific Northwest. Since the event began in 1972, over $17 million dollars has been raised to benefit children’s charities, none of which would be possible without the support of volunteers. Tournament Golf Foundation (TGF), the non-profit organization that conducts the LPGA event, is committed to providing a memorable experience for all who volunteer.
Every volunteer receives the following, all included with the $28 volunteer fee:
· Nike Golf Shirt (marshal uniform)
· Free Parking
· Admission to the tournament and 1 guest pass for all tournament days
· Access to the new volunteer tent overlooking the practice facility
· Fresh coffee and Krispy Kreme donuts each morning
· Daily lunch from a rotation of providers
· Invitation to the volunteer party (featuring refreshments provided by Salty’s)
Marshals are needed Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. You must sign up for at least three shifts and uniforms are mandatory.
For more information on marshaling duties and available shifts, contact the Safeway Classic office at 503-626-2711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who will win in 2014?
Will Suzann Pettersen defend her title?