"We are proud to have world-class female athletes, Stacy and Jennifer, represent our brand as they travel the globe competing in many of the countries where we have business," said Marianne Harrison, President and CEO, Manulife Canada. "We wish them the best of luck on the LPGA Tour this season and look forward to seeing them compete in Waterloo this June."
Partnerships with the LPGA Tour and its athletes allow Manulife - which has operations in Canada, the United States and Asia - to increase its connections with clients and colleagues globally. Manulife will also become the official life and health insurance provider for both players.
"After playing in the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic the past couple years, and witnessing first-hand what a great organization Manulife is, I am excited for the opportunity to partner with them," said Stacy Lewis. "As a leading global insurance company, I am impressed with Manulife's leadership and reputation, as well as their commitment to women's golf."
This announcement builds on Manulife's ongoing involvement in golf as the title sponsor of the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic. The third annual Manulife Financial LPGA Classic will be contested June 4-8 at Grey Silo Golf Course in Waterloo, Ontario. Over its first two years, the tournament has attracted more than 125,000 spectators making it one of the most well attended events on the LPGA Tour.
"I am excited to partner with Manulife as I begin my LPGA career," said Jennifer Kirby. "They are a renowned Canadian brand whose headquarters are a short drive from where I grew up. Both their dedication to the community and commitment to our Tour make me proud to wear their logo around the world."About Stacy Lewis
- Hometown: The Woodlands, Texas
- Currently ranked #3 in the Rolex World Rankings.
- In 2012, became the first American player to win the LPGA Player of the Year Award since 1994.
- 2013 Vare Trophy winner - awarded to the player with the lowest scoring average for the season.
- Eight professional wins; including two major championship victories [2011 Kraft Nabisco Championship & 2013 Women's British Open].
- 2007 NCAA Individual Champion and four-time All-American at University of Arkansas.
About Jennifer Kirby
- Hometown: Paris, Ontario
- Member of the Golf Canada "Young Pros" program.
- Captured six 6 amateur events in 2009, becoming the first golfer to win both the Canadian Women's Amateur and the Canadian Junior Girls Championship in the same year.
- In 2012, was an integral part of the NCAA Division 1 Women's Golf Champions, Alabama Crimson Tide.
- Turned professional following graduation from the University of Alabama in the spring of 2013.
- First professional victory came in 2013 at the CN Canadian Women's Tour Quebec - her professional debut.
- Earned her 2014 Tour card by finishing 5th in the 2013 LPGA Q-School qualifying event.