To qualify for entrance into the LPGA Tour Hall of Fame, members of the LPGA Tour, who were active in 1998 and going forward, must meet the criteria outlined below. An LPGA Tour member who was active prior to 1998 and has since been inactive for more than five years would be eligible for the Veteran's Category. Entrance to the LPGA Tour Hall of Fame is limited to LPGA Tour members who meet the following criteria:
1. Must be/have been an "active" LPGA Tour member for 10 years:
2. Must have won/been awarded at least one of the following - an LPGA major championship, the Vare Trophy or Rolex Player of the Year honors; and
3. Must have accumulated a total of 27 points, which are awarded as follows - one point for each LPGA official tournament win, two points for each LPGA major tournament win and one point for each Vare Trophy or Rolex Player of the Year honor earned.
Veteran's (inactive) members:
Each year the Veteran's Committee may choose to nominate one retired LPGA Tour player to the LPGA Tour membership for a vote to entrance to the LPGA Tour Hall of Fame. To be nominated by the Veteran's Committee, a player must receive a two-thirds vote of the committee members. Any member nominated by the Veteran's Committee must receive at least a 75 percent majority vote of the LPGA Tour membership who respond by ballot. To be considered by the Veteran's Committee for entrance to the LPGA Tour Hall of Fame, retired members of the LPGA Tour should:
1. Have been an "active" member of the LPGA Tour for a minimum of 10 years;
2. Have been an inactive or retired member of the LPGA Tour for a minimum of five consecutive years prior to the year of nomination;
3. Have won/been awarded at least one of the following - an LPGA major championship, the Vare Trophy or Rolex Player of the Year honors; and
4. Have had an extraordinary career that significantly impacted the growth of the LPGA Tour.
The makeup of the Veteran's Committee includes representatives from the LPGA Tour, LPGA Tour Hall of Fame and the golf community:
1. One member of the LPGA Executive Committee
2. One independent member of the LPGA Board of Directors
3. Two members of the LPGA Tour Hall of Fame - one player who is inactive on the LPGA Tour and one who is currently competing on the LPGA Tour (if an active player is not available, a second inactive member will be selected);
4. One active LPGA Tour player, selected by the LPGA Executive Committee
5. Two representatives from a major golf industry organization other than the LPGA (i.e.United States Golf Association, PGA Tour, etc.), selected by the LPGA Board of Directors.
6. One representative from the LPGA Tournament Sponsors Association (TSA), selected by the TSA Board of Directors; and
7. Three members of the Golf Writers Associaton of America (GWAA) or media community, selected by the LPGA Board of Directors.
Will Shanshan Feng defend her title?
Will Lexi Thompson defend her title?