5'3"... Started playing golf at the age of 11... Has one brother, Anthony, and one sister, Megan... Married Jeremy Young in Feb. 4, 2006... Maiden name is Bowie... Compete as Heather Bowie from 2000-2005... Hobbies include cycling... Qualified for the Tour on her third attempt.
LPGA Tour Victories
(1) : 2005 Jamie Farr Owens Corning Classic
The Solheim Cup
(1) : 2003
2014 in a Nutshell
- 16 events, 4 cuts made, $20,747 (137)
- 17 events, 9 cuts made, $81,924 (89)
- 1 top-10 finish; recorded season-best tie for ninth at the Pure Silk-Bahamas LPGA Classic
- 16 events, 8 cuts made, $50,027 (98)
- Recorded a season-best 39T at the U.S. Women’s Open.
- Best finish was a tie for 14th and crossed the $3 million mark in career earnings at the Wegmans LPGA Championship.
- Best finish was a tie for 17th at the LPGA Tour Championship.
- Best finish was a tie for 12th at both the Mastercard Classic Honoring Alejo Peralta Presented by Nextel and the LPGA Tour Championship.
- Best finish was a tie for eighth at the Kapalua LPGA Classic.
- Tied for 10th at the Kraft Nabisco Championship.
- Recorded a season-best tie for seventh at the Ginn Tribute Hosted by ANNIKA.
- Carded a season-low 6 in the opening round of the CN Canadian Women’s Open, where she tied for 18th.
- Recorded her best finish at the Ginn Clubs & Resorts Open, where she tied for ninth.
- Tied her career-low 65 during the first round of Honda LPGA Thailand 2006.
- Carded her first LPGA career hole-in-one during the first round of the Evian Masters.
- Became a Rolex First-Time Winner at the Jamie Farr Owens Corning Classic Presented by Kroger, where she came from five strokes down and defeated Gloria Park on the third hole of a sudden-death playoff.
- Tied for third at the State Farm Classic, where she opened with a 65 to tie her career-low.
- Crossed the $2 million mark in career earnings at the ADT Championship, where she tied for 15th.
- Best finish of the season came at the Weetabix Women’s British Open, where she placed third and tied her career low 65 in the third round.
- Tied for second at The Office Depot Championship Hosted by Amy Alcott.
- Tied her career-low 65 in the first round of the Welch’s/Fry’s Championship.
- Was a captain’s pick for the U.S. Solheim Cup Team, becoming only the third “rookie” in the U.S. Team History to earn a captain’s pick.
- Crossed the $1 million mark in career earnings at the Jamie Farr Kroger Classic Presented by ALLTEL, where she tied for fourth.
- Best finish was a tie for third at both the LPGA Takefuji Classic, where she recorded a career-low of 65 in the second and final rounds, and the Longs Drugs Challenge.
- Tied her career-low 65 during the second round of the Weetabix Women’s British Open.
- Posted a season-best tie for third at the Jamie Farr Kroger Classic Presented by ALLTEL.
- Best finish was a tie for fifth at the Jamie Farr Kroger Classic Presented by ALLTEL.
- Tied for 27th at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament to gain non-exempt status for the 2000 season.
- Finished seventh on the Symetra Tour – The Road to the LPGA money list.
- Totaled two top-10 finishes on the Symetra Tour – The Road to the LPA in 14 events.
- Turned professional.
- Young won two NCAA team titles as a member of the Arizona State University golf team from 1994-95.
- At the University of Texas in 1997, Young became the NCAA individual champion, Big-12 Champion and Big-12 Player of the Year.
- Was the 1997 Honda Award recipient and the 1997 Marilynn Smith Award co-recipient with Laura Philo (Diaz).