5’6”…Started playing golf at age 12…Hobbies outside of golf include listening to and playing music and reading…If she did not choose a career on the LPGA Tour she would have been an actress…She qualified for the LPGA Tour on her first attempt.
2013 in a Nutshell
- 24 events, 17 cuts made, $221,649 (57)
- 3 top-25 finishes including a season-best tie for fifth at the HSBC Women's Champions 2013
• 19 events, 13 cuts made, $239,184 (52)
• Recorded a career-best tie for third at the Kingsmill Championship, where she shot a career-low 64 in the second round.
• Finished fifth in the Louise Suggs Rolex Rookie of the Year race.
• Turned professional in August.
• Finished tied for 39th at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament where she earned Priority List Category 20 for the 2012 LPGA season.
• Kang enjoyed a successful amateur career winning the 2010 and 2011 US Women’s Amateur Championship.
• She was the low amateur at the 2011 Ricoh Women’s British Open; won the 2011 North and South Championship.
• Started playing golf at age 12.
• Hobbies outside of golf include listening to and playing music and reading.
• If she did not choose a career on the LPGA Tour she would have been an actress.
• She qualified for the LPGA Tour on her first attempt.