Seon Hwa describes bungee jumping as one of the coolest experiences of her life. Find out more >>
5’5”…Started playing golf at the age of 8…Credits her parents as the individuals most influencing her career…Hobbies include shopping, listening to music and watching movies…Qualified for the Tour with her first-place finish on the 2005 Futures Tour season-ending money list.
• 2006 ShopRite LPGA Classic
• 2007 HSBC Women’s World Match Play Championship
• 2008 Ginn Tribute, P&G Beauty NW Arkansas Championship
LPGA Awards (1)
• 2006 Rookie of the Year
2013 in a Nutshell:
• 14 events, 3 cuts made, $19,324 (126)
• Recorded season-best T38 finishes at the LPGA LOTTE Championship Presented by J Golf and the ShopRite LPGA Classic Presented by Acer
• 8 events, 5 cuts made, $32,256 (115)
• Recorded season-best T29 finish at the ShopRite LPGA Classic.
• Battled a lower back/hip problem that kept her out the majority of the season.
• Finished ninth at the RR Donnelley LPGA Founders Cup.
• Tied for 23rd at the CN Canadian Women's Open and 53rd at the HSBC Women's Champions.
• Best finish was a tie for fifth at the P&G NW Arkansas Championship Presented by Walmart.
• Best finish was a tie for third at the Jamie Farr Owens Corning Classic Presented by Kroger where she tied her career-low 63 in the second round.
• Recorded four additional top 10 finishes including a tie for fourth at the Safeway Classic Presented by Coca-Cola, a tie for seventh at the Corona Championship, a tie for ninth at the LPGA Corning Classic and a tie for 10th at the P&G Beauty NW Arkansas Championship Presented by John Q. Hammons.
• Defeated Karrie Webb in a one-hole, sudden-death playoff to win the Ginn Tribute Hosted by ANNIKA.
• Carded a season low 64 in the opening round of the P&G Beauty NW Arkansas Championship Presented by John Q. Hammons, going on to earn her fourth LPGA career victory and cross the $3 million mark in career earnings.
• Recorded five additional top-10 finishes.
• Crossed the $1 million mark in season earnings.
• Won her second career LPGA event at the HSBC Women’s World Match Play Championship as the 22nd seed, winning six consecutive matches.
• Crossed the $2 million mark in career earnings with a tie for 10th at The Mitchell Company LPGA Tournament of Champions.
• Continued her undefeated match-play streak with a 3-0-0 performance for the victorious Team Asia at the Lexus Cup.
• Became one of five Rolex First-Time Winners at the ShopRite LPGA Classic, where she carded a career-low 63 in the final round.
• Named the Louise Suggs Rolex Rookie of the Year with a 204-point lead over Julieta Granada.
• Was one of only three players to post a 3-0-0 record at the Lexus Cup, defeating Julieta Granada in the final match to give Team Asia a 12 ½ to 11 ½ victory over Team International.
• Won one event on the Futures Tour (Albany FUTURES Pro Golf Classic) and posted 12 additional top-10 finishes.
• Placed first on the Futures Tour season-ending money list to earn exempt status for the 2006 LPGA season.
• Won the Hite Championship, an event on the Korea LPGA (KLPGA) for her third career international victory.
• Competed on the Futures Tour and recorded six top-10 finishes.
• Won the Himart Championship on the KLPGA and finished third on the KLPGA money list.
• Won the McSquare Championship on the KLPGA to become the youngest winner in the history of the KLPGA.
• At the age of 14, turned professional in March, making her the youngest female to turn professional in South Korea.
• Lee had limited amateur experience.
• Started playing golf at the age of 8.
• Credits her parents as the individuals most influencing her career.
• Hobbies include shopping, listening to music and watching movies.
• Qualified for the Tour with her first-place finish on the 2005 Futures Tour season-ending money list.