The Solheim Cup (1)
2013 in a Nutshell:
• 19 events, 11 cuts made, $108,615 (83)
• Recorded season-best T15 finish at the Wegmans LPGA Championship
• Crossed the $2 million mark in career earnings at the Wegmans LPGA Championship
• 23 events, 12 cuts made, $88,674 (82)
• Recorded season-best T24 finish at the ISPS Handa Australian Women’s Open.
• Plagued by left elbow problems throughout the season and underwent surgery on her elbow in November.
• Best finish was a tie 18th at the Kia Classic.
• Tied for 24th at the Safeway Classic Presented by Coca-Cola.
• Tied for 29th at the Honda LPGA Thailand and the CN Canadian Women's Open.
• Recorded a season-best runner-up finish at the CN Canadian Women's Open.
• Tied for fifth at the P&G NW Arkansas Championship Presented by Walmart.
• Tied for eighth at the LPGA Hana Bank Championship Presented by SK telecom.
• Recorded career-best ties for second at the Kraft Nabisco Championship and the Wegmans LPGA.
• Qualified as one of three rookies on the 2009 U.S. Solheim Cup Team, finishing with a 1-3-0 record for the victorious squad.
• Tied for third at the LPGA Tour Championship Presented by Rolex, tied for fifth at the McDonald's LPGA Championship Presented by Coca-Cola and seventh at the RICOH Women's British Open.
• Crossed the $1 million mark in career earnings with a tie for 34th at the U.S. Women's Open.
• Carded her second LPGA career hole-in-one during the second round of the LPGA Corning Classic.
• Recorded six top-10 finishes, including a season-best tie for fourth at the P&G Beauty NW Arkansas Championship Presented by John Q. Hammons, where she carded a career-low 64 in the first round.
• Also carded a 64 in the third round of the Jamie Farr Owens Corning Classic Presented by Kroger, where she tied for seventh.
• Recorded three additional top-10 finishes: a tie for fifth at the Longs Drugs Challenge, tie for seventh at the LPGA State Farm Classic and a seventh-place finish at the Corona Championship.
• Best finish was a tie for 18th at the Jamie Farr Owens Corning Classic Presented by Kroger.
• Recorded her first LPGA career hole-in-one during the first round of the Sybase Classic presented by ShopRite.
• From 2003-06, never missed a cut on the Symetra Tour (60 events).
• Won her first professional tournament by one stroke at the Jalapeno FUTURES Golf Classic on the Symetra Tour after carding back-to-back birdies on her final two holes.
• Also won the Betty Puskar FUTURES Golf Classic and posted four additional top-10 finishes.
• Placed fourth on the Symetra Tour season-ending money list to earn exempt status for the 2007 LPGA season.
• Recorded five top-10 finishes on the Symetra Tour.
• Competed in 18 events on the Symetra Tour.
• Turned professional in June, and competed on the Symetra Tour.
• McPherson participated on her high school boys’ golf team.
• At the University of South Carolina, she recorded seven victories, including two individual Southeastern Conference (SEC) Championship titles in 2001-02.
• She was a three-time First-Team All-SEC and NCAA All-American selection from 2001-03.
• In 2002, McPherson was named the NCAA Honda Inspirational Athlete of the Year and NCAA South Carolina Woman of the Year.
• In 2003, she earned SEC Player of the Year honors.
• Started playing golf at the age of 8.
• Credits her parents as the individual most influencing her career.
• Hobbies include all sports, doing anything competitive and hanging out with friends and family.
• Qualified for the Tour on her fourth attempt with her fourth-place finish on the 2006 Duramed Futures Tour season-ending money list.
• Has her own Web site, www.kristymcphersongolf.com.
• Is affiliated with the National Arthritis Foundation.