LPGA Tour Victories (1)
2012 Safeway Classic
2013 in a Nutshell:
• 21 events, 18 cuts made, $417,658 (36), 2 top-10 finishes
• Recorded season-best, third-place finish at the Walmart NW Arkansas Championship Presented by P&G
• Crossed the $3 million mark in career earnings at the CME Group Titleholders
• 20 events, 17 cuts made, $1,098,749 (11), 1 victory, 8 additional top-10 finishes.
• Became the third Japanese player to win the Safeway Classic, joining Ai Miyazato (2010) and Ayaka Okamoto (1986).
• Crossed the $1 million mark in season earnings for the first time in her career.
• Best finish was fifth place at the US Women's Open.
• Had three other top-10 finishes including: tied for seventh at the Kraft Nabisco Championship, where she crossed the $1 million mark in career earnings, tied for eighth at the Wegmans LPGA Championship, and tied for ninth at the Evian Masters.
• Best finish was a third at the P&G NW Arkansas Championship Presented by Walmart.
• Tied for third at the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia.
• Tied for fifth at the Mizuno Classic.
• Finished tied for sixth Evian Masters Presented by Société Générale.
• Tied for eighth at the Navistar LPGA Classic Presented by Monaco RV.
• Won the Japan Women's Open on the JLPGA.
• Recorded a career-best fourth place finish at the LPGA Corning Classic, where she carded a career-low 62 in the third round.
• Also tied for fourth at the Wegmans LPGA and was sixth at the Honda LPGA Thailand.
• Tied for 12th at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament to earn Priority List Category 11 for the 2009 LPGA season; turned professional immediately after the final round.
• Miyazato had a successful amateur career in Japan. She became the youngest winner of the Japan Amateur Women’s Championship in 2004 at 14 years, 8 months.
• In 2006, she won the 15-17 Girls’ division of the Callaway Golf Junior World Golf Championships at Torrey Pines North Course and was the 2006 Asian Games individual and team silver medalist.
• She also won back-to-back Japan Junior Championships in 2006-07.
• Started playing golf at the age of 8.
• Credits her father as the individual most influencing her career.
• Hobbies include listening to music, watching other sports, watching Ichiro Suzuki play and shopping.
• Qualified for the Tour on her first attempt.