Karen is an inspiration to many women following her dramatic weight loss in 2012. Find out more >>
Started playing golf at the age of 11...Lists her parents as the individuals most influencing her career...Has one sister...Gave birth to son, Logan James, in 2007...Hobbies include cooking, watching movies and football...Represents Trigelle and Faldo Golf Institute...Qualified for the Tour on her first attempt.
LPGA Tour Victories (2)
• 2004 Welch’s/Fry’s Championship, Weetabix Women’s British Open
The Solheim Cup (2)
2013 in a Nutshell:
• 18 events, 7 cuts made, $32,357 (110)
• Recorded a season-best T38 finish at the ShopRite LPGA Classic Presented by Acer
• 21 events, 12 cuts made, $116,909 (73)
• One top-10 finish; recorded a season-best tied for 10th at the LPGA LOTTE Championship Presented by J Golf.
• Recorded two top-10 finishes including a tie for fourth at the Navistar LPGA Classic and a tie for ninth at the Avnet LPGA Classic.
• Led the Tour in eagles with 12.
• Competed on her second European Solheim Cup Team with a 1-2-0 record.
• Best finish was a tie for fifth at the Kraft Nabisco Championship.
• Best finish was a tie for 15th at the Honda LPGA Thailand.
• Carded a season-low 65 in the third round of the LPGA Corning Classic.
• Won the S4C Wales Ladies Championship of Europe on the Ladies European Tour (LET) - her first win since 2004.
• Best finish was a tie for second at the Michelob ULTRA Open at Kingsmill.
• Crossed the $3 million mark in career earnings with her fourth-place finish at the Grand China Air LPGA.
• Along with rookie Sandra Gal, led the Tour with 12 eagles.
• Only played eight events due to the birth of her son Logan James in April.
• Best finish was a tie for 10th at The Mitchell Company LPGA Tournament of Champions.
• Best finish was fourth place at the SBS Open at Turtle Bay, where she crossed the $2 million mark in career earnings.
• Tied for 10th at the Weetabix Women's British Open.
• Recorded a season-best tie for 10th at the U.S. Women's Open.
• Tied for 11th at the Weetabix Women's British Open.
• Was a member of the European Solheim Cup Team.
• Became a Rolex First-Time Winner at the Welch's/Frys Championship, where she recorded a career-low 63 during both the first and last rounds to set an LPGA record for lowest four-day raw score total at 258 (-22).
• Won the Weetabix Women's British Open, where she became only the second player in history to record a double-eagle at an LPGA major championship (began the final round with an eagle, double-eagle on the first two holes).
• Crossed the $1 million mark in career earnings at the U.S. Women's Open.
• Best finish was fourth place at the State Farm Classic.
• Best finish was a tie for third at the Safeway Classic.
• Recorded a season-best tie for ninth at the ShopRite LPGA Classic.
• Best finish was seventh place at the Kathy Ireland Greens.com LPGA Classic.
• Best finish was a tie for eighth at the State Farm Rail Classic.
• Returned to the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament where she tied for 17th to earn exempt status for the 2000 LPGA season.
• Turned professional following the U.S. Women's Amateur Championship.
• Qualified for the Tour by tying for 52nd at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament to earn non-exempt status for the 1999 LPGA season.
• Stupples represented Great Britain in the 1996 and 1998 Curtis Cup competitions.
• She also represented England Juniors from 1989-91 and England Seniors from 1995-98.
• She played collegiate golf at Florida State University, winning two events and being named a Second-Team All-American in 1995.
• Started playing golf at the age of 11.
• Lists her parents as the individuals most influencing her career.
• Has one sister.
• Gave birth to son, Logan James, in 2007.
• Hobbies include cooking, watching movies and football.
• Represents Trigelle and Faldo Golf Institute.
• Qualified for the Tour on her first attempt.
This is the first year for the event.
Will Inbee Park defend her title?