- One of the 13 LPGA founders.
- Elected secretary of the LPGA by her peers at the meeting in Wichita.
- Early stages of leukemia forced her to cut back on her tournament schedule.
- Taught in the Detroit public school system before retiring in February 1966.
- Was an accomplished musician and wrote operas.
- In 1947, turned pro after winning the Mexican Women's Open and joined the Wilson staff; finished second to Betty Jameson at the U.S. Women's Open; she was the low amateur for the event.
- In 1946, was the Michigan Women's State champion.
- In 1941, was the Michigan Jr. Golf Championship winner.
Who will win in 2014?
This is the first year for the event.
- Race to CME Globe
Read all about the first tournament of the season.
Fun Fact Friday is a new weekly series where LPGA.com will share with you five fun facts about a player.