5’10”, brown hair, blue eyes… Graduated from the University of New Mexico in 1984 with a B.A. in Sociology… Credits Al Cross and Bunny Mason as individuals most influencing her career… Married Don Hurter in the fall of 1988… Enjoys reading, skiing, hiking and watching PBS.
- Joined the LPGA Tour in 1985.
- Tied for third at the 1988 Cellular One-Ping Golf Championship.
- Placed fourth at the 1988 Greater Washington Open.
- Recorded her first LPGA Career hole-in-one at the 1988 Circle K LPGA Tucson Open.
- 1989 remains her most successful financial season when she earned $112,526.
- Had four top-10 finishes in 1989 including a career-best tie for second at the Cellular One-Ping Golf Championship and a tie for third at the Mazda LPGA Championship.
- Tied her career-best finish of a tie for second at the 1990 Rail Charity Golf Classic.
- Tied her career-low score of 66 during the final round of the 1990 Rail Charity Golf Classic.
- In 1991, she tied her career-low score of 66 during the first round of the Oldsmobile LPGA Classic.
- Recorded her second career hole-in-one during the third round of the 1991 U.S. Women’s Open.
- Posted two top-20 finishes in 1991.
- In 1992, played a limited schedule of 13 events in 1992 due to a shoulder injury that required surgery.
- In 1993, competed in just two events due to a shoulder injury.
Sanders earned amateur fame in New Mexico. She won the 1984 New Mexico Amateur, 1984 Sun Country Women’s Amateur and the 1979 PNGA Junior. Her collegiate successes were divided between the University of Washington and the University of New Mexico. Sanders won the 1981 Portland Invitational and the 1981 Gearhart Invitational.