5’5”...Began playing golf at the age of 13...Credits her father, Orrin, and Deborah Graham as the individuals most influencing her career...Enjoys fishing, boating and working out…Qualified for the Tour on her first attempt.
- In 2000, notched her third career hole-in-one during the first round of the First Union Betsy King Classic.
- In 1999, best finish of the season was a tie for sixth at the Giant Eagle LPGA Classic.
- In 1998, tied for 13th at the HEALTHSOUTH Inaugural.
- In 1997, tied for 16th at both the Standard Register PING and the Jamie Farr Kroger Classic.
- In 1996, recorded her career-best finish with a second place at the ShopRite LPGA Classic.
- In 1995, best finish was a tie for 12th at the Oldsmobile Classic.
- In 1994, finished third at the Oldsmobile Classic, where she recorded her second career hole-in-one; crossed the $1 million mark in career earnings.
- In 1993, tied for second at both the Nabisco Dinah Shore and the ShopRite LPGA Classic.
- In 1992, tied for second at the Sara Lee Classic, where she closed with a career-low round of 63 to force a sudden-death playoff with Brandie Burton and Maggie Will, who won that playoff on the first hole; recorded her second career hole-in-one at the Los Coyotes LPGA Classic.
- In 1991, top finish of the season was a tie for fifth at the Orix Hawaiian Ladies Open.
- In 1990, tied for second at the Orix Hawaiian Ladies Open for her season-best finish.
- In 1989, had six top-10 finishes, with her best performance of a tie for fourth at the Crestar Classic.
- In 1988, tied for third twice, at the Mazda Classic and Mazda LPGA Championship.
- In 1987, posted a season-best tie for 10th at the Santa Barbara Open.
- In 1986, finished third at the MHF Championship.
- In 1985, finished tied for fifth at both the LPGA Corning Classic and Mayflower Classic.
- In 1984, top finish of the season was a tie for seventh at the Mayflower Classic.
- In 1983, finished third at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament in August to earn exempt status; posted a season-best tie for fifth at the Portland PING Championship.
Benz’s impressive amateur and collegiate record included winning the 1982 AIAW National Championship. She also was a 1982 NCAA and AIAW All-American at Southern Methodist University and a member of the 1982 Curtis Cup and World Cup teams. In 1981, she captured the Western Amateur Championship title. As a junior, she won the 1978 Orange Bowl Classic and the 1979 American Junior Golf Association Tournament of Champions. Prior to joining the LPGA Tour, she tied for 18th at the 1982 U.S. Women’s Open.
Education: Southern Methodist University