5’6”...Started playing golf at the age of 13...Credits her father, mother and brother as the individuals most influencing her career...Qualified for the Tour on her first attempt.
LPGA Tour Victories (4)
- 2003 LPGA Takefuji Classic, Wachovia LPGA Classic, State Farm Classic
- 2008 Hana Bank-KOLON Championship
UL International Crown
(2): 2014, 2016
2016 in a Nutshell
- 25 events, 23 cuts made, $643,469 (25)
- Recorded five top-10 finishes in 25 starts, including a season-best runner-up finish at the Walmart NW Arkansas Championship presented by P&G
- Crossed the $7 million mark in career earnings after at T14 finish at the Evian Championship
- Posted the most points of any player at the UL International Crown with a 3-0-1 record as a member of Team Chinese Taipei
2015 in a Nutshell
- 26 events, 23 cuts made, $551,640 (29)
- Tallied a pair of runner-up finishes in 2015 at the Cambia Portland Classic and the Blue Bay LPGA
- Recorded a career-low 64 three times, most recently in the third round of the Canadian Pacific Women's Open
- 26 events, 21 cuts made, $191,664 (71)
- Earned over $100,000 for the 13th time in her career
- Season-best T15 finish at the Marathon Classic Presented by Owens Corning & O-I
- Represented Chinese Taipei in the inaugural International Crown posting a 1-2-0 record
- 25 events, 21 cuts made, $228,929 (54)
- 2 top-10 finishes
- Recorded season-best tie for fifth finish at the HSBC Women's Champions 2013
- 25 events, 20 cuts made, $485,963 (28)
- Three top-10 finishes.
- Recorded season-best runner-up finish at the Sybase Match Play Championship when she lost to Azahara Munoz in the finals.
- Tied for 13th at the US Women's Open.
- Tied for 14th at the RICOH Women's British Open.
- Tied for 16th at the HSBC Women's Champions.
- Tied for 20th at the Wegmans LPGA Championship.
- Tied for 37th at the Avnet LPGA Classic.
- Tied for 38th at the Honda LPGA Thailand.
- Best finish was a tie for 3rd at the Kia Classic Presented by J Golf.
- Best finish was runner-up at the U.S. Women's Open - her career-best finish in a major championship.
- Crossed the $4 million mark in career earnings with a tie for eighth at the Sybase Classic Presented by ShopRite.
- Carded a season-low 66 in the third round of the Jamie Farr Owens Corning Classic Presented by Kroger, where she tied for 33nd.
- Recorded her fourth LPGA Tour victory at the Hana Bank * KOLON Championship 2008.
- Recorded five additional top-10 finishes, including a tie for second at the Navistar LPGA Classic Presented by MaxxForce, where she and Cristie Kerr lost a two-hole, sudden-death playoff to Lorena Ochoa.
- Best finish was a tie for 18th at both the Jamie Farr Owens Corning Classic Presented by Kroger and the CN Canadian Women’s Open.
- Crossed the $3 million mark in career earnings at the Wegmans LPGA.
- Recorded three top-10 finishes, including a tie for third at the Honda LPGA Thailand 2006.
- Carded a 28 (-8) on her front nine of the third round at the Wendy’s Championship for Children to tie an LPGA nine-hole record in relation to par.
- Recorded seven top-10 finishes, including a runner-up finish at the Chick-fil-A Charity Championship hosted by Nancy Lopez, where she crossed the $2 million mark in career earnings.
- Finished fourth at the HSBC Women’s World Match Play Championship, where she defeated top-ranked Annika Sorenstam in the quarterfinals before losing to eventual champion Marisa Baena in the semifinals.
- Best of 10 top-10 finishes was third place at the John Q. Hammons Hotel Classic presented by Ford.
- Tied for third at The Mitchell Company Tournament of Champions, where she tied her career-low 64 during the third round.
- Won three tournaments: the LPGA Takefuji Classic, Wachovia LPGA Classic hosted by Betsy King and the rain shortened State Farm Classic, where she crossed the $1 million mark in career earnings.
- Carded career-low 64s during the first rounds of the Wendy’s Championship for Children at Tartan Fields and the State Farm Classic.
- Tied for fourth at the Weetabix Women’s British Open.
- Recorded her first LPGA career hole-in-one during the third round of the Wegmans Rochester LPGA.
- Turned professional in August.
- Competed on the Futures Tour, where she won the final event of the season, the Futures Tour Championship; tied for 15th at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament to earn non-exempt status for the 2002 LPGA season.
- Kung was a three-time American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) All-American and was named 1999 AJGA Player of the Year.
- She won the 2001 U.S. Women’s Amateur Public Links Championship.
- While at the University of Southern California, Kung was a two time NCAA All-American and won the 2000 Pac-10 Championship.
- Started playing golf at the age of 13.
- Credits her father, mother and brother as the individuals most influencing her career.
- Qualified for the Tour on her first attempt.