5’10”…Started playing golf at age 10…Hobbies include any sports, coloring and watching sports…If she didn’t choose the LPGA as a way to make a living, she would be a school teacher…Qualified for the LPGA Tour on her first attempt.
2016 in a Nutshell
- 22 events, 8 cuts made, $97,593 (98)
- Has carded a career-low 66 three times, most recently in the final round of the JTBC Founders Cup
- 9 events, 4 cuts made, $50,779 (113)
- Season-best finish of a T23 at the Yokohama Tire LPGA Classic
- 18 events, 6 cuts made, $27,937 (137)
- Season-best finish of a T7 at the Yokohama Tire LPGA Classic2013
- Played in three events in 2013. Her best finish was a T61 at the Safeway Classic
- Played in 15 events in 2012. Her best finish was a T19 at the ISPS Handa Women’s Australian Open.
- In June 2011, turned professional, played on the Symetra Tour - The Road to the LPGA in 2011 where she notched four top-20 finishes including tied for seventh at the Tate & Lyle Players Championship and Eagle Classic. Finished tied for ninth at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament, where she earned Priority List Category 11 for the 2012 LPGA season.
Clanton enjoyed a successful amateur career, winning the 2010 North & South Amateur Championship. While at Auburn University she recorded two wins, including the 2009 NCAA Fall Preview. She was named the 2008 NGCA Freshman Player of the Year.