5’4”…Started playing golf at the age of 5…Credits her parents for influencing her career and her dad for getting her started in golf... Hobbies include working out, watching movies, and having spare time for herself…Qualified for the LPGA Tour on her first attempt...Follow her on Twitter at @SandraChangkija.
2017 in a Nutshell:
- 15 events, 9 cuts made, $113,849 (96)
- Posted first career top-10 finish at the Marathon Classic presented by Owens Corning and O-I (5)
- Surpassed $100,000 in season earnings for the first time in her career
- 17 events, 7 cuts, $51,654 (117)
- 9 events, 3 cuts, $13,964 (148)
- 18 events, 7 cuts, $45,000 (117)
- 13 events, 5 cuts made, $52,701 (100)
- Recorded career-best tie for ninth finish at the Safeway Classic Presented by Coca-Cola
- Best finish was a tie for 10th at the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic.
- Turned professional.
- Competed on the Symetra Tour where she finished tied for fifth at the South Shore Championship and Vidalia Championship.
- Finished tied for seventh at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament, where she earned Priority List Category 11 for the 2012 LPGA season.
- Changkija enjoyed a successful collegiate career at Nova Southeastern University where she where she recorded 16 individual wins, is the only four-time NCAA Division II Player of the Year (2008-2011), a four-time Division II All-American First-Team selection (2008-2011), and was the 2010 and 2011 Sunshine State Conference Female Athlete of the Year.
- Qualified for the U.S. Women's Open at Oakmont on her first attempt.
- Started playing golf at the age of 5.
- Credits her parents for influencing her career and her dad for getting her started in golf .
- Hobbies include working out, watching movies, and having spare time to herself.
- Qualified for the LPGA Tour on her first attempt.
- Follow her on Twitter at @SandraChangkija.