- RACE TO CME GLOBE
5’5”...Started playing golf at the age of 8...Credits her parents 'for encouraging me to play even after having back surgery’ as the individuals most influencing her career... From the age of 11, Lewis wore a back brace 18 hours per day for 7-1/2 years to correct curvature in her spine from scoliosis, removing it only to play golf…Had back surgery during her senior year of high school and redshirted for one season before joining the University of Arkansas women’s golf team…Traveled to Africa in 2011 with Besty King's Golf Fore Africa...Hobbies include working out, watching any sports especially SEC football, traveling and having spare time to herself...Qualified for the Tour on her first attempt…Has her own Web site, www.stacysback.com.
LPGA Tour Victories (11)
• 2011 Kraft Nabisco Championship
• 2012 Mobile Bay LPGA Classic, ShopRite LPGA Classic, Navistar LPGA Classic, Mizuno Classic
• 2013 HSBC Women’s Champions 2013, RR Donnelley LPGA Founders Cup, RICOH Women’s British Open
• 2014 North Texas LPGA Shootout, ShopRite LPGA Classic, Walmart NW Arkansas Championship Presented by P&G
LPGA Awards (2)
• 2012 Rolex Player of the Year
• 2013 Vare Trophy
• 2014 Rolex Player of the Year and Vare Trophy
The Solheim Cup (2)
2011, 2013, 2015
2014 in a Nutshell
• 26 events, 25 cuts made, $1,872,409 (3)
• Earned Rolex Player of the Year honors following a four-win season
• Tallied 15 additional top-10 finishes, including three runner-ups.
• Led the Tour in birdies, eagles and rounds in the 60s.
• Became a Rolex First-Time Winner at the Kraft Nabisco Championship where she defeated Rolex Rankings No. 1 Yani Tseng by three shots for her first major championship victory and crossed the $1 million mark in career earnings.
• Recorded 10 other top-10 finishes including: runner-up at the Evian Masters; tied for second at the CN Canadian Women's Open; fifth at the Avnet LPGA Classic; tied for fifth at the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia; tied for sixth at the Wegmans LPGA Championship, Navistar LPGA Classic and Mizuno Classic; tied for eighth at the Safeway Classic Presented by Coca-Cola and the Walmart NW Arkansas Championship, where she crossed the $2 million mark in career earnings.
• Tied for ninth at the HSBC Women's Champions.
• Competed on her first U.S. Solheim Cup Team with a 1-3-0 record.
• Recorded a season-best runner-up finish at the Tres Marias Championship.
• Finished third at the Mizuno Classic; tied for seventh at the Lorena Ochoa Invitational Presented by Banamex and Corona Light.
• Tied for ninth at the P&G NW Arkansas Championship Presented by Walmart.
• Best finish was a tie for fourth at the Wegmans LPGA, where she carded a season-low 67 during the second round.
• Also carded 67s in the final round of the LPGA Corning Classic, and in the second round of both the Evian Masters and P&G Beauty NW Arkansas Championship Presented by John Q. Hammons.
• Tied for ninth at the McDonald's LPGA Championship Presented by Coca-Cola.
• Turned professional in June; competed in seven events on Tour with two top-10 finishes, including a tie for third at the U.S. Women’s Open and a tie for sixth at the Kapalua LPGA Classic.
• Competed in two events on the Symetra Tour - Road to the LPGA with two top-three finishes.
• Earned medalist honors at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament to earn Priority List Category 11 for the 2009 LPGA season.
• As an amateur, carded a career-low 65 to take the first-round lead at the LPGA NW Arkansas Championship Presented by John Q. Hammons before the tournament was rain-shortened and cancelled following 18 holes of play.
• Also tied for fifth at the Kraft Nabisco Championship to earn low-amateur honors.
• As a member of the University of Arkansas women’s golf team, Lewis won 12 collegiate events and was a four-time All-American.
• She was the 2005 Southeastern Conference (SEC) Freshman of the Year, the 2007 NCAA Division I National Champion and the 2008 SEC Championship Individual Medalist and Player of the Year.
• Away from collegiate competition, she won the 2006 Harder Hall Invitational, the 2006 Western Amateur and was a semi-finalist at the 2006 U.S. Women’s Amateur.
• She was the 2007 Southern Amateur Champion and the 2007 Dinah Shore Trophy Award recipient.
• Lewis was also a member of the victorious U.S. Team at the 2007 at Copa de las Americas and on the victorious 2008 U.S. Curtis Cup team, becoming the first player to go 5-0 in Curtis Cup history.
• Lewis is a two-time Golfweek and Golf Digest Women’s Amateur Player of the Year (2006-07) and was the top ranked amateur in the Golfweek/Titleist Women’s Amateur Rankings in 2008.
• Started playing golf at the age of 8.
• Credits her parents ‘for encouraging me to play even after having back surgery’ as the individuals most influencing her career.
• From the age of 11, Lewis wore a back brace 18 hours per day for 7-1/2 years to correct curvature in her spine from scoliosis, removing it only to play golf.
• Had back surgery during her senior year of high school and redshirted for one season before joining the University of Arkansas women’s golf team.
• Traveled to Africa in 2011 with Besty King's Golf Fore Africa.
• Hobbies include working out, watching any sports especially SEC football, traveling and having spare time to herself.
• Qualified for the Tour on her first attempt.
• Has her own Web site, www.stacysback.com.