Playing Ability Test (PAT) Requirements
NOTE: You may begin the online application and start the Level I education requirements before completing the PAT. However, your application will remain pending and you will not be invited for membership until the PAT is complete.
- A Round of Play — One round of 18 holes on a course not less than 5,100 yards.
- A target score off:
- The course rating plus 13 for participants 49 years of age or less or
- The Course rating plus 15 for participants 50 years of age of above
- AMATEURS ONLY — Must prove a handicap of 12 or better when registering for an LPGA PAT
- PAT requirements may be met by taking either an LPGA PAT or a PAT Equivalency.
PAT Requirements may be met by taking either an LPGA PAT or a PAT Equivalency. Either test must be taken within twelve months before the date of your application for admission to the LPGA and meet the LPGA PAT course and scoring requirements.
LPGA Playing Ability Test (PAT)
Individuals taking the LPGA PAT will be required to:
- Provide proof of age and a Photo ID to LPGA Headquarters prior to taking the PAT; send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay a registration fee of $150 per attempt. Click here for the LPGA PAT schedule>>
Playing Ability Test (PAT) Equivalency
The PAT Equivalency may be met by one of the following means
For a PAT equivalency to be accepted, the individual must:
- The first round of play for individuals taking the PGA Playing Ability Test (PAT); however individuals must complete both rounds of play: Click here for PGA schedule;
- The first round of play in an LPGA Qualifying School;
- A Qualifying round of first round of play for the US Women's Open;
- A qualifying round or first round of play for an LPGA Tour event;
- The Symetra Tour aggregate and last-played tournament score; or
- A college team tournament season aggregate and last-played tournament score
- Submit this form that is completed by the tournament official (the official yardage must be at least 5,100 yards)
- A $150 PAT administrative fee will be requested upon acceptance of your scores
- Submit Proof of Age if claiming target score of course rating plus15
Playing Ability Test (PAT) Exemptions
LPGA Tour Players: Current dues paying Class A members of the LPGA Tour are exempt from the PAT requirement.
LPGA Symetra Tour Players: current members of the LPGA Symetra Tour are exempt from the PAT requirement.
Korea LPGA members:
- Current Full members of the KLPGA must submit KLPGA tournament records showing play within the past 5 years.
- Semi-Professional members of the KLPGA must submit tournament scoring records within the past year (12 months).
- KLPGA teaching members are not exempt from the PAT requirement.
PGA Class A members: Current dues paying Class A members of the PGA are exempt from the PAT requirement.