OMNI UNITED REACHES FIVE-YEAR MILESTONE SUPPORTING THE BCRF, DONATES OVER USD 1 MILLION.
Jodi Ewart Shadoff, brand ambassador for Radar Tires, will contribute to further increase awareness of this cause and of the work of the BCRF by wearing pink during October
TRAVERSE CITY, MI – October 1st, 2016 – Omni United, through its flagship brand, Radar Tires, continues to support The Breast Cancer Research Foundation® (BCRF) for the fifth consecutive year. In 2011 Omni launched the ‘Mobilizing Hope’ campaign, a corporate alliance with the BCRF that has included donations for each Radar tire sold or one–off contributions. To date this campaign has contributed over USD 1 million or funded over 21,000 hours in some of the world's most promising and innovative research towards preventing and curing breast cancer in our lifetime.
Besides its financial contributions to the BCRF, over the last five years Omni United and Radar Tires have sponsored and undertaken numerous initiatives to spread awareness for this cause, including:
- Launching a limited edition “pink sidewall” tire, sold through Sears Auto Centers.
- Encouraging our customers, tire distributors, dealers and retailers throughout the world, to support the Mobilizing Hope campaign by providing them with in store displays, pink ribbons and other awareness materials to distribute among customers.
- Displaying the logo of the BCRF on all Radar Tires motorsports teams racing cars and gear.
- Supporting the BCRF in all international tire fairs and other events in which Omni and Radar Tires participates.
This year, Radar’s brand ambassador, LPGA golfer Jodi Ewart Shadoff, will join her efforts and visibility to further increase awareness of this cause and of the work of the BCRF. Jodi is the first professional female golf player publicly supporting the BCRF. During the month of October (officially recognized as the Breast Cancer Awareness month), Jodi will be wearing pink gear and using a specially design pink golf club bag in all the tournaments in which she is due to participate, including:
- The Fubon LPGA Taiwan Championship in Taipei from October 6th to October 9th;
- The LPGA KEB HANA Bank Championship in Incheon, South Korea from October 13th to 16th and
- Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur from October 27th to 30th.
“It is exciting and an honor for me to wear the color pink, a symbol of hope and courage for all breast cancer patients and survivors, during the month of October, and thus support the efforts of Omni, Radar Tires and the BCRF in finding a cure for breast cancer” said Jodi Ewart Shadoff, LPGA golfer and brand ambassador for Radar Tires.
“Our corporate partnership with Omni and the team has been rewarding and innovative in bringing a predominately female cause into a mostly male environment, the world of tires. We are delighted to reach this 5-year milestone and grateful for the ongoing support from Omni, which has helped us fund some critical research. We hope that, working together, we are able to impact more lives as we advance in our search towards finding a cure for breast cancer.” said Myra J. Biblowit, President, BCRF.
“Giving back is one of the corporate values upon which we have built Omni United and Radar Tires. It is one of my most cherished corporate values, less about social responsibility and more about running our company responsibly”. Said GS Sareen, founder and CEO, Omni United. “Our partnership with the BCRF has allowed us and our customers to indirectly, contribute in a meaningful way to fund research towards the prevention and cure of breast cancer, a disease that has touched so many in our communities and among the friends and families of our employees, customers, suppliers and friends. We will continue supporting the BCRF in their relentless endeavor of advancing research towards finding a cure for breast cancer.