Four two-day events to be held in Minnesota, Michigan, California and New York
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla., May 21, 2019 – The Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) Foundation, whose mission is to empower, inspire and transform the lives of girls and young women through the game of golf, announced today a four-event LPGA Leadership Academy schedule for 2019.
This year’s schedule will cover the breadth of the entire country with two-day academies taking place in the states of Minnesota, Michigan, California and New York. Each LPGA Leadership Academy will host 40 girls aged from 13-18.
"The 2019 LPGA Leadership Academy schedule is fully funded by donations from our sponsors and The LPGA Foundation, enabling us to offer each two-day academy at no cost to those selected to participate," said Nancy Henderson, President of The LPGA Foundation. "We are committed to empowering, inspiring and transforming the lives of girls and young women through the game of golf, and we are very excited about the impact that The LPGA Leadership Academy has already had on those who have participated in the program."
The LPGA Foundation introduced the two-day LPGA Leadership Academy in 2015 to engage teenage girls in golf and provide them with a framework to develop confidence and enhance their communication and leadership skills. Group leadership exercises, expert-led discussions, journaling and interaction with female executives and mentors help girls focus on their individual strengths and leadership style.
The LPGA Leadership Academy uses the game of golf as a platform and learning tool to:
- Teach girls how to become better decision makers
- Overcome and let go of setbacks
- Take calculated risks and embrace opportunities
- Develop skills to accomplish specific goals
- Play their own game and find their own voice
This is the LPGA Leadership Academy schedule for 2019:
- Oak Marsh Golf Club in Oakdale, Minnesota from June 18-19, presented by PNC Bank
- Midland Country Club in Midland, Michigan from June 24-25, presented by Dow Great Lakes Bay Invitational
- Lake Merced Golf Club in Daly City, California from July 15-16, presented by Acer
- Westchester Country Club in Rye, New York from August 6-7, presented by various sponsors and also The LPGA Foundation
In addition to attending the Academy, each participant will be eligible to apply for The LPGA Foundation Scholars Program which includes invitations to an LPGA event, mentoring programs and a $5,000 college scholarship. Details about The LPGA Leadership Academy, the 2019 locations and applications for participation can be found on The LPGA Foundation website at http://www.lpga.com/lpga-foundation/lpga-leadership-academy.