After a three-week break in competition, the 2020 LPGA Tour schedule resumes with the first playing of the Pelican Women’s Championship presented by DEX Imaging and Konica Minolta. The world’s best female golfers converge on Pelican Golf Club in Belleair, Fla., from Nov. 19-22 for the first LPGA Tour stop in the Tampa Bay area since the St. Petersburg Women’s Open in 1989.
The inaugural event in Pinellas County features six players from the top-10 of the Rolex Women’s World Golf Rankings including No. 1 Jin Young Ko, set to make her 2020 LPGA Tour debut this week. She is joined by No. 2 Sei Young Kim, No. 6 Nasa Hataoka, No. 7 Brooke Henderson, No. 8 Minjee Lee and No. 9 Sung Hyun Park.
Eleven-time LPGA Tour champion and Florida native Lexi Thompson also highlights the 108-player field. Other notable Tampa-area favorites among the competition include Brittany Altomare, a Massachusetts native who now calls Tampa home; Jessica Korda, who grew up south of the host tournament venue in Bradenton; and Brittany Lincicome, born and raised in the county.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE PELICAN WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP PRESENTED BY DEX IMAGING AND KONICA MINOLTA
- This is the inaugural playing of the Pelican Women’s Championship presented by DEX Imaging and Konica Minolta
- The tournament is one of four new events on the 2020 schedule joining the Gainbridge LPGA at Boca Rio, LPGA Drive On Championship – Inverness Club and the LPGA Drive On Championship – Reynolds Lake Oconee
- Pelican Women’s Championship is one of four total tournaments on the LPGA Tour schedule to be contested in the Sunshine State, along with the Diamond Resorts Tournament of Champions (Lake Buena Vista), Gainbridge LPGA at Boca Rio (Boca Raton) & CME Group Tour Championship (Naples)
- This event is the 15th of the 2020 LPGA Tour season and lone tournament in November
- Sierra Brooks, Nathalie Filler, Natalie Gulbis and amateur Gabriela Ruffels are the four sponsor exemptions