- More than 13,000 hoodies have been sold, over $300,000 raised for the LPGA Renee Powell Fund and Clearview Legacy Foundation
- Virtual LPGA Hoodie being sold through World Golf Tour
- LPGAProShop.com is Offering a Free Shipping Promotion from October 8 – 11, 2021
- Select DICK’S Sporting Goods stores near LPGA Tour cities now carrying LPGA Hoodie
Cooler temperatures. Shorter daylight. Fall sports. It’s officially LPGA #HoodieForGolf season!
The campaign, led by Michelle Wie West to raise visibility of the LPGA Tour and funds to support two important initiatives in changing the face of golf, released its second sales update today. More than 13,000 hoodies have been sold through September 30, 2021, representing a charitable contribution of more than $300,000. Sale of the LPGA limited-edition tie-dyed hoodie began on April 19 and will conclude at the end of 2021.
“I’ve been blown away by the range of fans and friends of the LPGA who are wearing the hoodie – and posting to #HoodieForGolf. Celebrities. Athletes. Girls and women of all background and ages. Dads. It’s been so cool to see the hoodies all over the country and around the world. At LPGA events, for sure, but also in airports, at concerts and other sporting events. Our LPGA fans are a community – and the hoodie is one way our fans show their support,” said Wie West.
All LPGA proceeds from the #HoodieForGolf campaign go to two non-profits honoring Renee Powell and her life-long commitment to making golf more inclusive: the LPGA Renee Powell Fund and the Clearview Legacy Foundation. Powell, currently the head golf pro at Clearview Golf Club, was the second African American to play on the LPGA Tour.
“2021 is the 75th year of Clearview Golf Club, and we wanted to honor the club’s history by securing its future,” said Powell. “My father built Clearview by hand, at a time when he wasn’t welcome at other clubs. It is the only golf course designed, built, owned and operated by an African American. Clearview is now being recognized within and outside of sports for what it represents – a safe and welcoming place for people of all backgrounds to enjoy the game of golf.”
Share your photo with the hoodie on social media using #HoodieForGolf.
Where to buy the LPGA hoodie:
- LPGAProShop.com, operated by Fanatics, is the exclusive on-line home to buy the hoodie. The site is offering free shipping from October 8- 11, 2021.
- New this fall, DICK’S Sporting Goods is selling the hoodie at select locations around the country
- Gamers can participate as well! The World Golf Tour (WGT) by Topgolf is offering a virtual LPGA hoodie for sale with all proceeds benefiting the charities.
Contributions to support the campaign are always welcome at https://www.girlsgolf.org/give.