American Angel Yin became a Rolex First-Time Winner on Sunday at the Buick LPGA Shanghai in her 159th start on the LPGA Tour.
Yin is the 12th player to earn their first Tour title in 2023, breaking the record for most Rolex First-Time Winners in a single season that was set in 1995 and tied in 2022, with both years seeing 11 players earn their first LPGA Tour victories.
Two of this season’s Rolex First-Time Winners have gone on to win multiple events this season. Lilia Vu earned her first career victory in February at the Honda LPGA Thailand and then captured The Chevron Championship in April and the AIG Women’s Open in August.
Ruoning Yin became the second player from the People’s Republic of China to win on the LPGA Tour with her victory at the DIO Implant LA Open, joining major champion Shanshan Feng. She then earned her first major title in June at the KPMG Women’s PGA Championship at Baltusrol Golf Club.
Here is a full list of the 2023 Rolex First-Time Winners:
- Lilia Vu (Honda LPGA Thailand, The Chevron Championship, AIG Women’s Open)
- Ruoning Yin (DIO Implant LA Open, KPMG Women's PGA Championship)
- Grace Kim (LOTTE Championship presented by Hoakalei)
- Rose Zhang (Mizuho Americas Open)
- Allisen Corpuz (U.S. Women’s Open)
- Linn Grant (Dana Open)
- Elizabeth Szokol (Dow Great Lakes Bay Invitational)
- Alexa Pano (ISPS Handa World Invitational)
- Megan Khang (CPKC Women’s Open)
- Chanettee Wannasaen (Portland Classic)
- Hae Ran Ryu (Walmart NW Arkansas Championship presented by P&G)
- Angel Yin (Buick LPGA Shanghai)