5’6”...Started playing golf at the age of 11...Credits her father and coach Man Kim, and her mother as the individuals most influencing her career...Hobbies include yoga, reading, writing and studying history...Qualified for the LPGA Tour by finishing second on the 2002 Futures Tour season-ending money list.
LPGA Tour Victories (3)
- 2004 Longs Drugs Challenge
- 2005 The Mitchell Company Tournament of Champions
- 2014 Lorena Ochoa Invitational Presented by Banamex
The Solheim Cup (3)
2019 in a Nutshell
- 20 events, seven cuts made, $79,209 (117)
- Recorded a season-best T17 finish at the Marathon Classic presented by Dana
- Ranked 12th on Tour in driving accuracy (80.60%)
- 21 events, 14 cuts made, $121,430 (94)
- Recorded a season-best T17 finish at the ShopRite LPGA Classic presented by Acer
- 25 events, 16 cuts made, $151,669 (87)
- Recorded a season-best T13 finish at the MCKAYSON New Zealand Women's Open
- 27 events, 21 cuts made, $411,085 (45)
- Made 27 starts and recorded three top-10s including a season-best runner-up finish at the LPGA Volvik Championship
- 29 events, 24 cuts made, $234,153 (69)
- Crossed the $5 million mark in career earnings with a T34 finish at the TOTO JAPAN CLASSIC
- 27 events, 22 cuts made, $570,374 (27)
- Captured her third career victory at the Lorena Ochoa Invitational Presented by Banamex with a playoff victory over Shanshan Feng
- Added two additional top-10 finishes, including a second place showing at the ShopRite LPGA Classic Presented by Acer
- 20 events, 13 cuts made, $126,535 (76)
- 3 top-20 finishes including a season-best T11 at the North Texas LPGA Shootout
- Best finish was a tie for 49th at the ShopRite LPGA Classic.
- Best finish was a tie for 13th at the Avnet LPGA Classic.
- Competed on her third U.S. Solheim Cup Team with a 1-0-1 record.
- Won the Sicilian Ladies Italian Open on the LET.
- Best finish was a tie for sixth at the SimeDarby LPGA Malaysia.
- Tied for eighth at the U.S. Women's Open; tied for ninth at the RICOH Women's British Open.
- Qualified for her second U.S. Solheim Cup Team by finishing sixth on the points list, posted a 3-1-0 overall record, including the final point to clinch the Cup for the U.S. Team.
- Best finish was a tie for third at the RICOH Women's British Open, her best finish at a major championship.
- Best finish was a tie for second at the Michelob ULTRA Open at Kingsmill.
- Recorded eight additional top-10 finishes.
- Crossed the $3 million mark in career earnings with a tie for 15th at the Navistar LPGA Classic Presented by MaxxForce.
- Best finish was second at the LPGA State Farm Classic and a tie for second at the Safeway Classic Presented by Pepsi.
- Crossed the $2 million mark in career earnings at the Wegmans LPGA.
- Carded her fourth LPGA career hole-in-one at the Honda LPGA Thailand 2007.
- Best finish was a tie for fifth at the Ginn Clubs & Resort Open, where she recorded the third hole-in-one of her LPGA career during the final round.
- Won her second LPGA Tour event at The Mitchell Company Tournament of Champions presented by Kathy Ireland Worldwide.
- Crossed the $1 million mark in career earnings at the Sybase Classic presented by Lincoln Mercury and became the youngest player in LPGA history to earn $1 million in her career (record has since been broken).
- Recorded second-career hole-in-one during the final round of the Weetabix Women’s British Open.
- Was a member of the victorious U.S. Solheim Cup Team, posting a 2-1-1 record in her first Solheim Cup appearance.
- Played in all 30 tournaments in which she was eligible to compete, and in 95 of 96 tournaments she had been eligible for in 2003-05.
- Became a Rolex First-Time Winner at the Longs Drugs Challenge, where she recorded all four rounds in the 60s.
- On the strength of 11 birdies, tied her career-low 62 during the first round of the State Farm Classic, where she eventually finished second.
- Recorded the first hole-in-one of her LPGA career during the first round of the Wegmans Rochester LPGA Presented by Lincoln Mercury.
- Best finish was a tie for fourth at the Welch’s/Fry’s Championship, where she carded a career-low 62 in the third round.
- Turned professional in March.
- Won the Hewlett-Packard Garden State Futures Golf Classic on the Futures Tour and finished second on the Futures Tour money list to earn exempt status for the 2003 LPGA Tour season on the strength of 12 top-10 finishes in 18 events.
- Kim recorded a 62 (-8) at the 2001 U.S. Girls’ Junior Championship, which led her to medalist honors for the stroke-play portion of the event.
- She played on the Futures Tour in 2001 as an amateur.
- Started playing golf at the age of 11.
- Credits her father and coach Man Kim, and her mother as the individuals most influencing her career.
- Hobbies include yoga, reading, writing and studying history.
- Qualified for the LPGA Tour by finishing second on the 2002 Futures Tour season-ending money list.