5’5”...Started playing golf at the age of 5...Credits her father Jim and husband Eddie as the individuals most influencing her career...Her brother Jim Gallagher is a five-time winner on the PGA Tour, making Jackie and Jim one of two brother-sister combinations to win on the LPGA and PGA Tours (joining Cathy Gerring and Bill Kratzert)...Married Eddie Smith on May 30, 1992...Gave birth to her son O’Connor in 2005, and son Sullivan in 2007…Hobbies include Bible study, singing, cooking and being a mom.
- Played in one event in 2012.
- In 2007, competed in 11 events before giving birth to son, Sullivan Barnes Smith; recorded her fifth LPGA career hole-in-one in the second round of the McDonald’s LPGA Championship Presented by Coca-Cola.
- In 2006, best finish was a tie for 10th at the Jamie Farr Owens Corning Classic Presented by Kroger.
- In 2005, gave birth to her first child, son O’Connor William Smith; her best finish was a tie for 26th at the John Q. Hammons Hotel Classic.
- In 2004, best finish was at the ShopRite LPGA Classic, where she tied for sixth and carded her fourth LPGA career hole-in-one en route to a career-low 64 during the final round.
- In 2003, best finish was a tie for 21st at the LPGA Takefuji Classic, where she crossed the $1 million mark in career earnings.
- In 2002, best finish was a tie for fourth at The Office Depot Championship Hosted by Amy Alcott.
- In 2001, best finish was fifth place at The Office Depot; also tied for fifth at the Electrolux USA Championship Hosted by Vince Gill and Amy Grant.
- In 2000, best finish was a tie for fourth at the Japan Airlines Big Apple Classic.
- In 1999, became a Rolex First-Time Winner at the Giant Eagle LPGA Classic; recorded her second and third LPGA career holes-in-one in the second round of both the Standard Register PING and the AFLAC Champions Presented by Southern Living.
- In 1998, best finish was sixth at the Michelob Light Classic; tied for sixth at the Australian Ladies Masters.
- In 1997, best finish was a tie for 11th at the CoreStates Betsy King Classic.
- In 1996, competed on the Ladies Asian Tour, where she finished 12th on its Order of Merit; returned to the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament and tied for 13th to earn exempt status for the 1997 LPGA season and re-join the Tour.
- In 1995, best finish was a tie for ninth at the HEALTHSOUTH Inaugural; carded her first LPGA career hole-in-one during the PING Welch’s Championship; did not retain her playing status for the 1996 LPGA season.
- In 1994, best finish was a tie for 15th at the HEALTHSOUTH Palm Beach Classic.
- In 1993, tied for 36th at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament to earn non-exempt status for the 1994 LPGA season.
- In 1990, turned professional in June.
- Prior to joining the LPGA Tour, competed on the Futures Golf Tour, Asian Tour and the Central Florida Challenge mini-tour.
Gallagher-Smith was the 1983 and 1986 Indiana State Junior champion. She was a semifinalist at the 1987 Indiana State Amateur and placed third the following year. She was named a 1987 NCAA All-American while a member of the Louisiana State University golf team.