5’2”…Started playing golf at the age of 13…Credits her family, especially her mother, as the individuals most influencing her career…Hobbies include listening to music, especially Korean pop and classical music, and watching movies…Qualified for the Tour on her third attempt.
LPGA Tour Victories (2 wins, 1 major)
- 2005 Weetabix Women’s British Open
- 2006 Wegmans LPGA
- 14 events, 7 cuts made, $45,963 (116)
- 18 events, 5 cuts made, $73,123 (91)
- Recorded a season-best tie for fifth finish at the ShopRite LPGA Classic Presented by Acer
- Played a limited schedule following the birth of her first child.
- 12 events, 8 cuts made, $100,946 (78)
- Recorded two ties for 15th including the Wegmans LPGA Championship.
- Third on Tour in Putting Average.
- Best finish was eighth at the Evian Masters Presented by Société Générale.
- Best finish was a tie for 12th at the Safeway Classic Presented by Coca-Cola.
- Carded her second LPGA career hole-in-one during the final round of the RICOH Women's British Open.
- Best finish was a tie for second at both the Michelob ULTRA Open at Kingsmill and the LPGA Corning Classic, where she lost in a one-hole, suden-death playoff to Leta Lindley.
- Crossed the $6 million in career earnings and $1 million in season earnings at the Hana Bank - KOLON Championship, where she tied for third.
- Recorded a season-best runner-up finish at the Evian Masters, where she lost a one-hole, sudden-death playoff to Natalie Gulbis.
- Crossed the $4 million mark in career earnings at the Fields Open in Hawaii and the $5 million mark at the Honda LPGA Thailand 2007, where she also crossed the $1 million mark in single-season earnings for the third consecutive year.
- Won her second-career LPGA tournament at the Wegmans LPGA.
- Crossed the $1 million mark in season earnings with a second-place finish at the KOLON-Hana Bank Championship.
- Crossed the $3 million mark in career earnings at the Ginn Clubs and Resorts Open.
- Became one of 10 Rolex First-Time Winners at the Weetabix Women’s British Open.
- Led the Tour with 331 birdies.
- Crossed the $2 million mark in career earnings at the Wegmans Rochester LPGA.
- Crossed the $1 million mark in season earnings at the Samsung World Championship.
- Recorded nine top-10 finishes, including a season-best tie for second at the Kellogg-Keebler Classic.
- Fired a career-low 62 during the final round of the Longs Drugs Challenge.
- Recorded the first hole-in-one of her LPGA career during the first round of the ADT Championship.
- Best finish was sixth place at the BMO Financial Group Canadian Women’s Open.
- Crossed the $1 million mark in career earnings at the CJ Nine Bridges Classic Presented by Sports Today.
- Best finish was a tie for fourth at the Weetabix Women’s British Open.
- Best finish was a tie for seventh at the Michelob Light Classic.
- Lost a two-hole, sudden-death playoff to Mi Hyun Kim at the Safeway LPGA Golf Championship.
- Tied for 37th at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament to earn non-exempt status for the 2000 LPGA season.
- Jang’s golf career began as a top-ranked amateur in South Korea.
- She won the 1997 Korea Women’s Open and the 1998 Korea Women’s Amateur.
- She was a member of the 1998 World Amateur Championship Team, where she placed fourth individually.
- Jang was also a member of the 1997-98 Korea Women’s National Team.
- Started playing golf at the age of 13.
- Credits her family, especially her mother, as the individuals most influencing her career.
- Hobbies include listening to music, especially Korean pop and classical music, and watching movies.
- Qualified for the Tour on her third attempt.