Ko started playing golf at the age of 7 and credits her parents as having the most influence on her career.
LPGA Victories (6 wins, 2 major)
- 2019 Bank of Hope Founders Cup, ANA Inspiration, The Evian Championship, CP Women's Open
- 2018 ISPS Handa Women's Australian Open
- 2017 LPGA KEB Hana Bank Championship*
*as a non-member
- 2019 Rolex Player of the Year, Rolex ANNIKA Major Award, Vare Trophy, and Official Money Title
- 2018 Louise Suggs Rolex Rookie of the Year
2018 in a Nutshell
- 25 events, 24 cuts, $1,159,005 (10)
- Became a Rolex First-Time Winner at the ISPS Handa Women's Australian Open, and joined Beverly Hanson (1951 Eastern Open) as the only players in LPGA history to win in their debut as as Tour Members
- Had 13 top-10 finishes and clinched Louise Suggs Rolex Rookie of the Yer honors with four events remaining in the season
- Clinched her first LPGA Tour victory at the 2017 LPGA KEB Hana Bank Championship in October as a non-member and in November decided to take up LPGA Tour membership for the 2018 season.
In 2017, on the KLPGA she made 19 cuts in 21 starts as she piled up earnings of 743,181,423 Korean won, highlighted by three victories and 10 additional top-10 finishes.
- Was runner-up at the 2015 Ricoh Women’s British Open
- 10-time winner on the KLPGA Tour
- Prior to becoming a member had made 11 career starts on the LPGA Tour, making the cut 10 times with $761,227 in official earnings and two top-10 finishes: Runner-up at 2015 Ricoh Women’s British Open, victory at 2017 LPGA KEB Hana Bank Championship.