5’4-1/2”, blue eyes...Credits her family as the individuals most influencing her career...Was named Golf Digest’s 1972 Most Beautiful Golfer and 1971 Los Angeles Times Woman of the Year...Gave birth to daughter Chelsea on July 23, 1982, son Eric James on June 12, 1988, daughter Haley on April 28, 1990, son Robert on March 13, 1992, son Michael John in Nov. 1993, daughter Evita Beau on April 4, 1995, and daughter Jamie Lee on Aug. 27, 1997...Author of Out of the Rough: An Intimate Portrait of Laura Baugh and Her Sobering Journey (1999)…Began working as a television announcer in 2000…Loves sports, cooking, music, working out and being with her family.
- Baugh has placed second a total of 10 times in her career.
- In 1997, played in just eight events due to the birth of her seventh child; best finish was a tie for 25th at the Oldsmobile Classic.
- In 1995, played in just five events due to the birth of her sixth child; season-best finish was a tie for 18th at the Fieldcrest Cannon Classic.
- In 1994, tied for ninth at the Youngstown-Warren LPGA Classic.
- In 1993, played in just nine events due to the birth of her fifth child.
- In 1992, played in only 17 events due to the birth of her fourth child; season-best finish was a tie for fifth at the Northgate Computer Classic.
- In 1991, finished in third place at the Phar-Mor at Inverrary; played a shortened schedule of 16 events due to her pregnancy.
- In 1990, posted a season-best finish of a tie for sixth at the Atlantic City Classic.
- In 1989, best finish of the season was a fourth place at the Planters Pat Bradley International.
- In 1988, sat out the season due to the birth of her second child.
- In 1986, best finish of the season was a tie for second at the Uniden LPGA Invitational.
- In 1985, recorded a season-best tie for third at the Chrysler-Plymouth Classic.
- In 1984, tied for second at the SAFECO Classic.
- In 1983, finished in second place at the J&B Scotch Pro-Am.
- In 1982, sat out the season due to the birth of her first child.
- In 1981, best finish of the season was a tie for third at the Mary Kay Classic.
- In 1980, tied for eighth at the Sun City Classic.
- In 1979, finished in the runner-up position at the Mayflower Classic after losing to Hollis Stacy in a sudden-death playoff.
- In 1978, best finish was fourth place at the Japan Classic.
- In 1977, finished in second place at the Patty Berg Classic.
- In 1976, posted a season-best tie for second place at the Bloomington Bicentennial Classic.
- In 1975, best finish of the season was a tie for fourth at the Borden Classic.
- In 1974, finished second at the American Defender-Raleigh Classic.
- In 1973, twice tied for second, at the Lady Tara Classic (her first event as a professional—she led after two rounds) and the Child & Family Services Open; was named LPGA Rookie of the Year.
- In 1973, turned professional at the age of 17, but had to wait six months until she turned 18 to join the LPGA Tour due to the Tour’s age requirement.
Baugh’s amateur career was highlighted by a victory at the 1971 U.S. Women’s Amateur Championship at the age of 16. She won the California Girls Championship twice and the National PeeWee Championship five times. Baugh won the 1970 and 1971 Southern Amateur Championships and in 1972 represented the United States on the Curtis Cup Team and the World Cup Team.
Education: California State University