5’9”...Credits her parents, Liselotte Neumann and Seve Ballesteros as the individuals most influencing her career...Has two sisters...Hobbies include curling (playing in the highest division in Sweden), cooking, aerobics and reading books...Married Shaun McBride on Dec. 31, 2007…Gave birth to daughter, Emily, in 2009...Qualified for the Tour on her first attempt.
LPGA Tour Victories (5)
• 1999 Safeco Classic, Mizuno Classic
• 2007 Navistar LPGA Classic
• 2010 LPGA Tour Championship
• 2011 Avnet LPGA Classic
The Solheim Cup (5)
• 2002, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011
2016 in a Nutshell
- 17 events, 3 cuts made, $14,213 (154)
- 15 events, 8 cuts made, $172,308 (73)
- Recorded a season-best tie for fourth finish at the Volunteers of America North Texas Shootout
- Served as Vice Captain of the European Solheim Cup team under Carin Koch
- 14 events, 2 cuts made, $6,497 (154)
- 15 events, 9 cuts made, $39,238 (106)
- Recorded a season-best T30 finish at the Safeway Classic Presented by Coca-Cola
- 20 events, 12 cuts made, $98,971 (79)
- Best finish was a tie for ninth at the Kingsmill Championship.
- Only the second time in 15 years on Tour she has failed to cross the $100,000 mark in season earnings.
- Competed on her fifth European Solheim Cup Team with a 1-3-1 record.
- Won the Avent LPGA Classic, her fifth LPGA victory.
- Recorded five additional top-10 finishes including: tied for eighth at the Honda LPGA Thailand and the Wegmans LPGA Championship; eighth at the Lorena Ochoa Invitationa; ninth at the CME Group Titleholders; tied for ninth at the Evian Masters.
- Recorded her fourth LPGA victory at the season-ending LPGA Tour Championship.
- Tied for third at the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia.
- Tied for sixth at the season-opening Honda PTT LPGA Thailand.
- Tied for seventh at the Tres Marias Championship.
- Qualified for her fourth European Solheim Cup Team.
- Best finish was a tie for second at the Hana Bank - KOLON Championship.
- Tied for fifth at the CVS/pharmacy LPGA Challenge and tied for sixth at the Navistar LPGA Classic Presented by Monac R.V.
- Best finish was runner-up at the McDonald's LPGA Championship Presented by Coca-Cola, where she lost a four hole, sudden-death playoff to Yani Tseng and crossed the $4 million mark in career earnings.
- Recorded three additional top-10 finishes.
- Recorded her third career LPGA victory at the Navistar LPGA Classic.
- Finished fourth at the HSBC Women’s World Match Play Championship, where she crossed the $3 million mark in career earnings.
- Made her third career appearance at The Solheim Cup and earned 2-1/2 points for the European Team.
- Best finish was a tie for third at the State Farm Classic.
- Best finish was a tie for third at the John Q. Hammons Hotel Classic.
- Was a member of the European Solheim Cup Team.
- Won the Ladies English Open on the LET for the second consecutive year.
- Best finish was a tie for 17th at the State Farm Classic.
- Won the Ladies English Open on the Ladies European Tour (LET).
- Returned to the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament, where she tied for 12th to retain exempt status for the 2005 LPGA season, won the Ladies English Open on the LET.
- Best finish was a tie for fifth at the Kraft Nabisco Championship.
- Best finish was a tie for second at the Evian Masters, where she crossed the $2 million mark in career earnings.
- Was a member of the European Solheim Cup Team.
- Although she did not win a tournament, more than doubled her career earnings on the strength of nine top-10 finishes.
- Finished second at the Evian Masters and Jamie Farr Kroger Classic Presented by ALLTEL.
- Tied for second at the Wegmans Rochester International and LPGA Corning Classic, where she tied her career-low 63 during the third round.
- Tied for third at the LPGA Champions Classic, where she crossed the $1 million mark in career earnings, and the McDonald’s LPGA Championship Presented by AIG, her career-best finish in a major.
- Finished second at the Subaru Memorial of Naples after losing to Nancy Scranton on the second hole of a sudden death playoff.
- Carded a career-low 63 during the second round of the ShopRite LPGA Classic.
- Recorded two wins, the SAFECO Classic and the Mizuno Classic, where she played with a mix-matched set of clubs because her clubs were lost by an airline.
- With 408 birdies, became the first LPGA player to record more than 400 in a season.
- Recorded her first career LPGA hole-in-one at the AFLAC Champions Presented by Southern Living.
- Recorded three top-10 finishes, with her best coming at the Friendly’s Classic, where she tied for fifth.
- Finished fourth at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament to gain exempt status for the 1998 season.
- Member of the Swedish, European and Australian Tours; won the Delsjo Ladies Open, Toyota Ladies Open and Aspeboda Ladies Open on the Swedish Professional Ladies Tour; member of the Players West Tour, where she won the A.V. Rubbish Classic.
- Hjorth enjoyed a very successful amateur career.
- She was a member of the Swedish National Team from 1991-96 and was the winner of 23 amateur events.
- As a junior in 1991, she won on the Swedish Professional Ladies Tour and captured the Swedish Girls Order of Merit title.
- In 1995, she went on to win the European Ladies Amateur title
- Credits her parents, Liselotte Neumann and Seve Ballesteros as the individuals most influencing her career.
- Hjorth has two sisters.
- Hobbies include curling (playing in the highest division in Sweden), cooking, aerobics and reading books.
- Married Shaun McBride on Dec. 31, 2007.
- Gave birth to daughter, Emily, in 2009.
- Qualified for the Tour on her first attempt.