5’5”...Started playing golf at the age of 11...Credits her father as the individual most influencing her career...Hobbies shooting pool and watching volleyball…Travels with a full-time English language tutor...Qualified for the Tour on her first attempt.
LPGA Tour Victories (9 wins, 1 major):
- 2009 Samsung World Championship, Hana Bank-KOLON Championship
- 2010 Jamie Farr Owens Corning Classic, LPGA Hana Bank Championship
- 2011 Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia
- 2012 U.S. Women’s Open, CME Group Titleholders
- 2015 Coates Golf Championship Presented By R+L Carriers, Walmart NW Arkansas Championship
LPGA Awards (2):
- 2010 Vare Trophy, Tour Money Winner
UL International Crown (1):
2021 in a Nutshell
- 16 events, eight cuts made, $68,025 (126)
- 6 events, 2 cut made, $7,263 (160)
- 21 events, 11 cut made, $132,699 (95)
- 5 events, 1 cut made, $2,988 (177)
- Missed most of the LPGA season due to injury
- 20 events, 9 cuts made, $46,311 (135)
- Recorded a season-best T7 finish at the Blue Bay LPGA
- 25 events, 14 cuts made, $348,444 (55)
- Recorded five top-10s
- 22 events, 20 cuts made, $808,566 (17)
- Crossed the $10 million mark in career earnings with her ninth career victory at the 2015 NW Arkansas Championship
- Marked the fourth season in her career with multiple wins.
- 26 events, 24 cuts made, $945,813 (13)
- Season-best finish was runner-up at the Canadian Pacific Women’s Open, where she also crossed the $9 million mark in career earning
- Recorded five additional top-10 finishes
- Represented Team Korea at the inaugural International Crown, posted a record 1-3-0
- 24 events, 24 cuts made, $929,964 (9)
- 8 top-10 finishes, 3 top-5 finishes
- Recorded season-best runner-up finishes at the HSBC Women's Champions and the RICOH Women's British Open
- Ranked fifth on Tour in birdies (437) and scoring average (70.306)
- Second-consecutive season without a missed cut and extended her streak to 57 events
- 22 events, 21 cuts made, $1,981,834 (2)
- 10 top-10 finishes, 6 top-5 finishes
- Captured her first LPGA major victory at the U.S. Women’s Open and earned her seventh career win at the season-ending CME Group Titleholders.
- In 2011, recorded her fifth-career LPGA victory at the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia.
- Finished second in the race for the Vare Trophy with a scoring average of 70.53.
- Other top-10 finishes included: second at the Safeway Classic Presented by Coca- Cola where she lost in a playoff to Suzann Pettersen, second at the LPGA HanaBank Championship, third at the Sybase Match Play Championship and the Mizuno Classic.
- Tied for third at the Avnet LPGA Classic.
- Tied for fourth at the CME Group Titleholders.
- Tied for fifth at the Kia Classic.
- Finished sixth at the HSBC Women's Champions and the CN Canadian Women's Open where she crossed the $5 million mark in career earnings.
- Tied for seventh at the RICOH Women's British Open.
- Tied for 10th at the Walmart NW Arkansas Championship.
- Also won the Hanwha Finance Classic on the KLPGA.
- In 2010, won the 2010 LPGA Official Money List and Vare Trophy for lowest scoring average (69.8).
- Also led the Tour in birdies (338), percentage of rounds under par (57/79, 72.2%) and sand saves (67.3%).
- Won the Jamie Farr Owens Corning Classic Presented by Kroger and the LPGA Hana Bank Championship Presented by SK telecom, the third and fourth victories of her LPGA career.
- Tied for second at the LPGA State Farm Classic, U.S. Women's Open, Evian Masters Presented by Société Générale and Safeway Classic Presented by Coca-Cola.
- Tied for third at the RICOH Women's British Open and the Navistar LPGA Classic Presented by Monaco RV.
- Also tied for fourth at the Bell Micro LPGA Classic; tied for fifth at the Mizuno Classic and the LPGA Tour Championship.
- Tied for seventh at the Lorena Ochoa Invitational Presented by Banamex and Corona Light.
- Tied for ninth at the HSBC Women's Champions and the P&G NW Arkansas Championship Presented by Walmart.
- Tied for 11th at the CN Canadian Women's Open.
- Tied for 13th at the season-opening Honda PTT LPGA Thailand.
- Finished 14th at the Kia Classic Presented by J Golf and tied for 16th at the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia.
- Became a Rolex First-Time Winner at the Samsung World Championship, where she recorded a career-low 63 in the third round and crossed the $2 million mark in career earnings.
- Won the Hana Bank - KOLON Championship 2009 for her second career victory, where she crossed the $1 million mark in season earnings; finished in the top-10 nine other times
- Was the runner-up to Yani Tseng by 267 points in the race for Louise Suggs Rolex Rookie of the Year honors on the strength of nine top-10 finishes.
- Recorded season-best runner-up finishes at the Sybase Classic Presented by ShopRite and the Evian Masters, where she lost to Helen Alfredsson in a three-hole, sudden-death playoff.
- Carded a season-low 65 in the second round of the P&G Beauty NW Arkansas Championship, where she tied for eighth.
- Crossed the $1 million mark in season and career earnings at the Samsung World Championship.
- As a member of the Korea LPGA (KLPGA), tied for eighth at the Hana Bank • KOLON Championship.
- Won her fourth KLPGA event at the Shinsegye Cup KLPGA Championship.
- Tied for 20th at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament to earn non-exempt status for the 2008 LPGA season.
- Won the KB Star Tour in Hampyung on the KLPGA.
- Won the Lake Side Ladies Open on the KLPGA.
- As an amateur, won the ADT CAPS Invitational on the KLPGA; turned professional in November.
- Choi was a member of the Korean National Team.
- She won the 2004 ADT CAPS Invitational on the KLPGA and turned professional following the victory.
- Started playing golf at the age of 11.
- Credits her father as the individual most influencing her career.
- Hobbies include shooting pool and watching volleyball.
- Travels with a full-time English language tutor.
- Qualified for the Tour on her first attempt.