Feng started the Shanshan Feng Golf Academy in 2017, to provide opportunity for Chinese children to learn the game. When she's not playing golf she enjoys watching soap operas and karaoke.
LPGA Tour Victories (10 wins, 1 major):
- 2019 Thornberry Creek LPGA Classic
- 2017 LPGA Volvik Championship, TOTO JAPAN CLASSIC, Blue Bay LPGA
- 2016 Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia, TOTO JAPAN CLASSIC
- 2014 Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia
- 2013 Reignwood LPGA Classic, CME Group Titleholders
- 2012 Wegmans LPGA Championship
- 2016 Rio Olympics (3rd - Bronze Medalist)
UL International Crown (1)
2019 in a Nutshell:
- 23 events, 17 cuts made, $986,190 (16)
- Won her 10th career LPGA title at the Thornberry Creek LPGA Classic with a 29-under 259 total, the second-lowest 72-hole score (in relation to par) in LPGA Tour history
- 22 events, 21 cuts made, $738,823 (27)
- Recorded six top-10 finishes including three season-best T3 results
- 22 events, 20 cuts made, $1,728,191 (4)
- Recorded her first three-win season in 2017, including a title defense at the TOTO Japan Classic and a win the next week at the Blue Bay LPGA
- Became the first player from China, male or female, to become No. 1 in the world; held the position for 23 weeks
2016 in a Nutshell
- 21 events, 20 cuts made, $1,458,579 (5)
- Enters 2017 riding a streak of seven consecutive top-10 finishes
- Had wins in consecutive tournaments at the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia and the TOTO JAPAN CLASSIC and crossed the $8 million mark in career earnings with a T8 finish at the season-ending CME Group Tour Championship
- Had two wins on the Ladies European Tour (LET) in 2016 including her fourth Omega Dubai Ladies Masters title
- Member of Team China at the 2016 UL International Crown
- 21 events, 20 cuts made, $1,086,338 (9)
- Recorded a season-best tie for second finish at the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia
- Won twice on the Ladies European Tour (LET) and because the first player from China to win the Tour's Order of Merit
- 24 events, 24 cuts made, $1,404,623 (6)
- 1 victory, 11 additional top-10 finishes
- Captured her fourth career victory at the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia, where she matched her career-low round of 63 in the final round and crossed the $5 million mark in career earnings
- Crossed the $1 million in season earnings for the third-consecutive season
- Finished in the top-10 on Tour in several statistical categories including GIRs (6th), scoring average (7th), eagles (7th), rounds under par (8th) and rounds in the 60s (8th)
- 19 events, 18 cuts made, $1,716,657 (4)
- 2 victories, 8 additional top-10 finishes
- Captured her second career victory in her home country, China, at the Reignwood LPGA Classic and closed out the 2013 season with a victory at the season-ending CME Group Titleholders
- 19 events, 18 cuts made, $1,101,147 (10)
- 8 top-10 finishes including six top-fives
- Became a Rolex First-Time Winner and the first-ever Chinese winner on Tour at the Wegmans LPGA Championship, the second major championship of the season
- Recorded four top-ten finishes including second place at the Mizuno Classic.
- Tied for eighth at the LPGA State Farm Classic where she crossed the $1 million mark in career earnings.
- Tied for 9th at the Avnet LPGA Classic and Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia.
- Tied for 13th at the RR Donnelley LPGA Founders Cup.
- Best finish was a tie for fourth at the LPGA State Farm Classic.
- Also tied for sixth at the Kia Classic Presented by J Golf.
- Finished seventh at the CVS/pharmacy LPGA Challenge.
- Tied for 10th at the Bell Micro LPGA Classic.
- Best finish was a tie for 20th at the Michelob ULTRA Open at Kingsmill.
- Recorded a career-best runner-up finish at the Bell Micro LPGA Classic.
- Carded a career-low 63 in the final round of the LPGA State Farm Classic, where she tied for fourth.
- Other top-10 finishes include a tie for fourth at both the Navistar LPGA Classic Presented by MaxxForce and the Jamie Farr Owens Corning Classic Presented by Kroger, as well as a sixth-place finish at the inaugural Grand China Air LPGA.
- As an amateur, tied for ninth at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament to earn exempt status for the 2008 LPGA season; turned professional immediately following the final round.
- Feng enjoyed a well-decorated amateur career that included nine wins in China.
- She won the China Junior Championship and the China Junior Open in 2004.
- She was a three-time winner of the China Amateur Tournament (2004-06).
- Feng was also the 2006 China Women’s Amateur Open Champion.
- She was a member of the 2006 All-China Championship Team and also earned medalist honors at the event.
- She was named Golfweek’s Top Chinese Amateur in 2007 after winning four tournaments on the International Junior Golf Tour (IJGT) in 2007.
- Feng also qualified for the 2007 U.S. Women’s Open.
- Started playing golf at the age of 10.
- Credits her father, Feng Xiong and coach Gary Gilchrist as the individual most influencing her career.
- Enjoys shopping, playing computer games and talking to friends.
- Qualified for the Tour on her first attempt.