In 2015, the LPGA Foundation began a new, exciting journey, as we introduced a two-day LPGA Leadership Academy to keep teenage girls engaged in golf and prepare them for leadership opportunities.
The LPGA Leadership Academy uses golf as a vehicle to provide a framework for young women to develop their confidence, communication, and leadership skills.
Group exercises, expert led discussions, journaling and interaction with female executives and mentors help girls discover their unique strengths and leadership style.
We use the game of golf as a platform and learning tool to:
- teach girls how to become better decision makers
- overcome and let go of set backs
- take calculated risks and "Lean In"
- develop skills to accomplish specific goals
- play their own game and find their own voice
Forty participants receive a scholarship to participate in this unique event which will be hosted in five markets in 2018.
To learn more and to register, click here>>
"I was very shy when I was young and afraid that people would see or hear me make a mistake. Golf has given me confidence by giving me a chance to do something I love."
- Annika Sorenstam, Ambassador of the LPGA Leadership Academy
"I left so inspired from the activities and from hearing the success stories from the amazing women executives. One of the most powerful acts brought home with me was the Wonder Woman pose which reminds me to be courageous."
- Dani Swaggerty, 2015 LPGA Leadership Academy Graduate
"I truly feel the LPGA Leadership Academy has changed my life for the better and I thank the LPGA for encouraging girls, like me, to turn their aspirations into realities by utilizing the leadship techniques that I learned at the Academy."
- Meghna Mazumdar, 2015 LPGA Leadership Academy Graduate