Galloway, NJ (May 6, 2013) –The ShopRite LPGA Classic Presented by Acer begins Monday, May 27 on the Bay Course at Stockton Seaview Hotel and Golf Club in Galloway, NJ and concludes with the crowning of a champion on Sunday, June 2. For seven days the Tournament and its partners draw enthusiastic crowds from regional destinations to watch the best players from the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) compete, but they also provide a comprehensive schedule of events and programs designed to encourage fan participation. Whether an Inside the Ropes VIP Experience, a Junior Golf Show demonstration or a one-on-one lesson provided by the PGA, fans have the opportunity to engage in a wide array of Tournament and partner activities throughout the week.
“The ShopRite LPGA Classic Presented by Acer works with more than 400 regional, national and international partners,” said Leela Narang, Tournament Director. “Our goal is to bring partners and fans together in a way that is exciting, engaging and ultimately enhances everyone’s Tournament experience.”
The following programs provide free admission opportunities:
• Practice and Pro-Am rounds held Monday, May 27 through Thursday, May 30 are free to all patrons.
• ShopRite will once again offer Price Plus Card holders two free daily grounds tickets by showing a valid Price Plus Card at the Tournament's Main Admissions Gate.
• Children ages 17 and younger will be admitted free into the Tournament all week courtesy of Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.
• Additionally, on Saturday, June 1 each Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey member will receive free admission for two, by showing their healthcare card at the Main Admissions Gate.
• Enterprise, the official rental car of the Tournament, is offering anyone who rents an Enterprise car during Tournament week a voucher for two free one-day grounds tickets to the ShopRite LPGA Classic Presented by Acer.
• Service personnel including fire, police and military will be admitted free all three days of championship play by showing proper credentials at the Main Admissions Gate.
Acer, the Presenting Sponsor of this year’s Tournament, has donated their exclusive Inside the Ropes VIP Experience of walking with Yani Tseng during Saturday’s round to the Ronald McDonald House of Southern New Jersey.
The following is a listing of partner opportunities and events beginning Friday, May 31 through Sunday, June 2:
• Kia is back as the Official Automobile of the event and will have displays throughout the golf course that fans can interact with and win prizes. There will also be an opportunity to win a Kia for a hole-in-one for anyone playing in the Pro-Am.The Phillie Phanatic will visit the ShopRite LPGA Classic Presented by Acer on Thursday, May 30 from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
• GEICO will be hosting a putting challenge at their booth Friday through Sunday; stop by and enter to win a foursome of free golf.
• The Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey Junior Golf Show Presented by South Jersey Industries is Saturday, June 1 at 2:30 p.m. at Stockton Seaview’s driving range. Admittance to the show is free for children 17 and under and their chaperones.
• The Philadelphia Section PGA will be providing complimentary golf lessons in spectator village during Tournament play.
• Michelob ULTRA will be the official beer of the event and will be featured at the 19th hole and on-course Beer Garden.
• Snapple has returned as the official iced tea of the event and will be featured throughout the Tournament grounds.
• Dunkin' Donuts will provide samplings of product during the Tournament in the spectator village. It will be hosting a contest through their social media platforms to give away an Inside the Ropes VIP Experience. For details, visit facebook.com/DunkinPhilly or twitter.com/DunkinPhilly.
• Rothman Institute Orthopaedics will be providing injury prevention and stretching exercises to all patrons in the spectator village.
• Sparkling ICE will provide free samplings of product during the Tournament in spectator village and also at the 9th Hole Sparkling ICE Hydration Station.
The best players from the Ladies Professional Golf Association will compete for a $1.5 million purse in the 54-hole, official LPGA event. All three rounds of championship play will be televised live on Golf Channel. For a complete list of scheduled events, ticket, sponsor and volunteer information, visit www.ShopRiteLPGAClassic.com or call 609.798.0222.