Sandra auctions off paintings in the offseason for charity Find out more >>
6’…Started playing golf at the age of 6…Competed in first competitive round at the age of 14...Credits her dad as the individual most influencing her career...Hobbies include painting and design, dancing, wakeboarding, playing the violin and modeling…Qualified for the Tour on her first attempt…Has her own Web site, www.sandragal.com...Affiliated with Boys and Girls Club of Montgomery, Ala.
LPGA Tour Victories (1)
• 2011 Kia Classic
The Solheim Cup (1)
2013 in a Nutshell
• 26 events, 23 cuts made, $574,323 (25) in earnings
• Two top-10 finishes.
• Recorded a season-best third place finish at the U.S. Women’s Open.
• Became a Rolex First-Time Winner at the Kia Classic where she defeated Rolex Rankings No. 2 Jiyai Shin with a 72nd hole birdie.
• Additional top-10 finishes included: tie for second at the CME Group Titleholders.
• Tie for fifth at the Walmart NW Arkansas Championship where she crossed the $1 million mark in career earnings.
• Tie for ninth at the Avnet LPGA Classic.
• Tied for 10th at the RR Donnelley LPGA Founders Cup.
• Competed on her first European Solheim Cup Team with a 0-2-1 record.
• Best finish was a tie for 11th at the LPGA Tour Championship.
• Recorded a career-best tie for fifth at the LPGA Corning Classic.
• Carded a career-low 64 in the opening round of the Wegmans LPGA, where she tied for 10th.
• Tied her career-low 64 during the opening round of the P&G Beauty NW Arkansas Championship Presented by John Q. Hammons, where she tied for 14th.
• Recorded a tie for 14th at the Ginn Tribute Hosted by ANNIKA.
• As an amateur, tied for 14th at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament to earn exempt status for the 2008 LPGA season.
• Turned professional immediately following the round.
• Gal represented Germany at the European Team Championships from 2003-07 and the World Amateur Team Championship in 2004 and 2006.
• As a junior, she won the 2003 German Girls Championship and was the Golfer of the Year in Germany the same year.
• In 2007, she won the Czech Invitational Championship and was the top-ranked amateur in both the European and German ranks.
• At the University of Florida, Gal won four tournaments, including back-to-back titles at the SunTrust Lady Gator Invitational (2006-07) and was named a 2007 National Golf Coaches Association (NGCA) First-Team All-American.
• She was also an NGCA Academic All-American from 2005-08.
• Started playing golf at the age of 6.
• Competed in first competitive round at the age of 14.
• Credits her dad as the individual most influencing her career.
• Hobbies include painting and design, dancing, wakeboarding, playing the violin and modeling.
• Qualified for the Tour on her first attempt.
• Has her own Web site, www.sandragal.com.
• Affiliated with Boys and Girls Club of Montgomery, Ala.