Lizette is the first person in her immediate family to earn a degree and graduate from college. Find out more >>
5’4”…Started playing golf at the age of 7…Credits her dad as the person who most influenced her golf career…Hobbies outside of golf include basketball, dance, zumba, shopping and music…Besides golf her greatest passion is Latin dancing…Qualified for the LPGA Tour on her first attempt.
2013 in a Nutshell:
• 24 events, 23 cuts made, $759,323 (15); best finish was runner-up at the LPGA LOTTE Championship
• Carded a career-low 62 in the final round of the 2013 LPGA LOTTE Championship to force a playoff with Suzann Pettersen
• Crossed the $1 million mark in career-earnings with a T39 finish at the CME Group Titleholders
• Competed on her first U.S. Solheim Cup Team and posted a 1-0-2 record
• 18 events, 16 cuts made, $242,035 (51)
• Best finish was T9 at the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia.
• Finished third in the Louise Suggs Rolex Rookie of the Year race.
• Carded a career-low 65 in the first round of the 2012 Navistar LPGA Classic.
• Turned professional in June.
• Finished tied for 20th at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament to earn Priority List Category 11 for the 2012 LPGA season.
• Played in the Symetra Tour in 2011 where she recorded a career best T4th finish at the Island Resort Championship.
• Salas played collegiate golf at the University of Southern California (USC) where she recorded three wins, named the 2008 Pacific Athletic Conference-10 Freshman of the Year, two-time winner of the Pac-10 Player of the Year award (2009,2011), three-time Pac-10 All-Conference First Team selection (2009-2011), and two-time NGCA All-American First Team selection (2009, 2011).
• Started playing golf at the age of 7.
• Credits her dad as the person who most influenced her golf career.
• Hobbies outside of golf include basketball, dance, zumba, shopping and music.
• Besides golf her greatest passion is Latin dancing.
• Qualified for the LPGA Tour on her first attempt.