Madelene Sagstrom is a rookie on the Symetra Tour and a sponsor invite into this week’s Canadian Pacific Women’s Open. Get a sneak peak at Sagstrom who is sure to make her LPGA rookie debut in 2017. Here are five things to get to know her a little better.
- Sagstrom grew up in the small town of Enkoping which is outside of Stockholm, Sweden. She grew up in the countryside around horses and cows and enjoys the outdoors.
- Sagstrom played college golf at LSU and was the 2015 SEC Player of the Year.
- Sagstrom has two wins and eight top-five finishes on the Symetra Tour and has already shattered the single-season earnings record with $123,678 (the previous mark was $94,578 held by LPGA Professional Cindy LaCrosse).
- Currently sits first in the Volvik Race for the Card standings where ten members of the Symetra Tour will earn LPGA membership for the 2017 season by finishing inside the top-10.
- She is first in Scoring Average (70.68) and top-10 finishes (8-for-10, 80 percent) and second in driving distance (277.36, just behind Emily Tubert’s 279.04).