Started playing golf at age 5…Credits her dad as the person who most influenced her career…Her hobbies include playing sports, going out with friends and watching movies…Her biggest hero is Rafael Nadal because he is a great example of an athlete… Qualified for the LPGA Tour on her first attempt.
LPGA Tour Victories (2)
- 2016 LPGA KEB Hana Bank Championship, CitiBanamex Lorena Ochoa Invitational Presented by Aeromexico and Delta
The Solheim Cup (3)
UL International Crown (1)
Member of Team Spain, which won the inaugural event in 2014
2017 in a Nutshell
- 22 events, 20 cuts made, $765,008 (24)
- Matched her career-high with seven top-10 finishes
- Crossed the $3 million mark in career earnings with her season-best T3 finish at the Swinging Skirts LPGA Taiwan Championship
- Competed on her third European Solheim Cup team, posting a 1-3-0
- 26 events, 22 cuts made, $1,116,289 (14)
- Recorded the first two wins of her career in a one-month span
- Ranked seventh on Tour in Average Driving Distance (269.28) and Greens in Regulation (73.98%) in 2016
- Crossed the $2 million mark in career earnings and became a Rolex First-Time winner at the LPGA KEB Hana Bank Championship
- 25 events, 19 cuts made, $404,849 (42)
- Matched her career-best finish with a runner-up at the Lorena Ochoa Invitational, shot a career-low 63 in the final round
- Crossed the $1 million mark in career earnings with her T51 finish at the ShopRite LPGA Classic Presented by Acer
- Competed on her second European Solheim Cup team, posting a 1-1-2 record
- 23 events, 18 cuts made, $367,280 (44)
- Matched her career-best finish with a runner-up at the CME Group Tour Championship
- Ranked second on Tour in eagles (12) and fifth in average driving distance (267.713)
- Won the inaugural International Crown as a member of Team Spain, posting a 3-1-0 record
- 19 events, 16 cuts made, $355,949 (40)
- 2 top-10 finishes
- Recorded career-best runner-up finish at the North Texas LPGA Shootout
- Competed on her first European Solheim Cup team, posting a 3-0-0 record
- 3 events, 3 cuts made, $79,679 (85)
- 1 top-20 finish
- Season-best finish was a T17 at the RICOH Women’s British Open
- Turned professional in May.
- Finished tied for 34th at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament, where she earned Priority List Category 20 for the 2012 LPGA season.
- Competed on the Ladies European Access Tour in 2011 where she won the Murcia Ladies Open.
- Ciganda enjoyed a successful amateur career, winning the 2007 British Amateur Championship and 2004 and 2008 European Championship.
- She was a member of the 2006 and 2008 Spain World Amateur Team; 2005 and 2007 European Junior Solheim Cup Team and 2004 and 2006 European Junior Ryder Cup Team.
- While at Arizona State University she made conference history by becoming the first player to win back-to-back Pac-10 Championships in 2009 and 2010.
- Started playing golf at the age of 5.
- Credits her dad as the person who most influenced her career.
- Her hobbies included playing sports, going out with friends and watching movies.
- Her biggest hero is Rafael Nadal because he is a great example of an athlete.
- • Qualified for the LPGA Tour on her first attempt.