Diversity is at the heart of what we do at the LPGA. Our 13 Founders formed an Association committed to creating opportunities for women and girls in golf that simply didn’t exist 70 years ago. We are proud of our progress both inside and outside the ropes. We now lead 4 global tours; we have LPGA Members from over 50 countries; we are televised in over 160 nations and the LPGA Board, Executive Leadership Team, and Staff is over 70 percent female.
Diversity has several dimensions beyond gender and C-Me is the LPGA’s long-term action plan to be intentional about those dimensions as well. We want women and girls to see themselves when they give golf a try, watch the LPGA, participate in LPGA programs, or interact with our staff. And, we are committed to the long-term leadership it will take to bring about change (C-Me).
Our goal is for golf to reflect the rich diversity of the world we live in - making the sport we love more available and inclusive to people without regard to race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, physical abilities or appearance etc. Our initial focus is to increase participation in golf among women and girls who have been under-represented in the game – Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC).
- CULTURE: Create a culture and environment where all feel welcomed. Develop broad awareness, understanding and respect for the different dimensions of diversity among our Members and Staff.
- TEAM: Recruit and retain talented people who enrich the diversity of our LPGA staff, leadership teams and governing Boards.
- MORE PLAYERS: Build and grow the pipeline of BIPOC women and girls in golf – across all ages, abilities and ambitions. Be intentional about increasing participation and representation in/at everything we do.
- Teaching Professionals
- Golf Careers
- ENGAGEMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS: Show that golf is a sport for everyone – and all people are welcome.
- LEADERSHIP: Demonstrate our commitment to diversity and opportunities for women and girls in golf (and beyond) through our actions, communications, policies and partnerships.
Did you know that…
At the LPGA, Women hold over 75% of senior management team.
We are an organization that is “driving” the movement in Women Leadership. We continue to promote our success and showcase our diversity for attracting, developing, and retaining the best candidates to serve as the next generation of leaders.