Annie Park sits two shots off the lead in the 2016 Yokohama Tire LPGA Classic. The Levittown, New York native dominated the on Symetra Tour in 2015 with three wins and four top 10's in 11 starts. Park was the Symetra Player of the Year and Gaelle Truet Rookie of the Year earning LPGA membership for the 2016 season. In Park's rookie season she has nine starts thus far and has recorded a season-best T9 finish at the ISPS Handa Women's Australian Open.
Park took a few moments to answer questions to give fans a chance to get to know her a little better as she starts her rookie season on the LPGA Tour.
1. What is your favorite memory on the golf course?
Making the final putt to win in a playoff in a Symetra Tour event last season and becoming the Symetra Tour Player of the Year.
2. Which courses are on your bucket list?
Pebble Beach and Whistling Straits
3. Whose swing would you love to have?
Justin Rose because it is so simple.
4. How do you eat healthy when traveling?
Ice cream :-)
5. How were you introduced to the game of golf?
My mom taught me the game when I was eight years old.
6. First set of clubs?
I think they were snake eyes.
7. Why did you want to make a career of playing golf?
To help others and become an advocate of change when I become more successful and influential.
8. Lowest round?
9. How do you feel about earning your 2016 LPGA Tour card?
10. Goals for this season on the LPGA Tour?
To inspire young athletes by accomplishing good finishes by playing my best.
11. What is your favorite way to stay in shape?
12. Tell fans five things that others may not know about you?
I love to dance.
I come off very shy but I'm very outgoing and wild when I get comfortable.
I HATE public speaking.
I never imaged I would become a Communications Major